Joseph Underwood

Patient care summary, all ongoing

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I have got my patient care summary for my medical. All of the things written on there say ongoing, there is even something from when I was born and they turned out to be wrong about it that says ongoing. Is this normal or will this be an issue? Do I need to ask my GP to put all these ongoing issues as resolved? If anyone has experience with this and the medical exam it would be a huge help! 

Get a letter from your GP clarifying things like that. My husband went to his medical and didn’t have a letter with explanations, so he had to have the doctor send one. So I’d try to save yourself some time and just have that for your appointment. 

16 minutes ago, BLC said:

Get a letter from your GP clarifying things like that. My husband went to his medical and didn’t have a letter with explanations, so he had to have the doctor send one. So I’d try to save yourself some time and just have that for your appointment. 

Okay thank you! I'm going to go in and ask if they can change them to resolved for me. Had to pay for a letter at my gp to say my mental health is okay so now I don't want to have to pay for another thing like that when I feel it's their error 🙃

Did you download the SCR from Patient Access? Once you’ve asked GP reception they will give you access within a day or two. You’ll then have the ability to read, download, save and print consultation notes. Some past issues that are long gone do show as current. A sore throat from 10 years ago that is listing as current isn't obviously going to be a problem. Your mental health diagnosis letter will though. It would be prudent to print along with current status.

4 hours ago, Tesco said:

Did you download the SCR from Patient Access? Once you’ve asked GP reception they will give you access within a day or two. You’ll then have the ability to read, download, save and print consultation notes. Some past issues that are long gone do show as current. A sore throat from 10 years ago that is listing as current isn't obviously going to be a problem. Your mental health diagnosis letter will though. It would be prudent to print along with current status.

Hey thanks for the reply, yeah I asked my GP and they printed it off for me. And then I've been doctors once for mental health about 14 months ago so I asked them to print off that consultation too and have a letter as well just so hopefully should be all ok. I found it odd that everything says ongoing but after researching it a bit I can see that's quite normal and that it's happened to others, so I guess they are used to it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have a medical booked for next week. The information from Visa Medicals was a little vague about what they wanted, it just said summary of medical records. My GP sent me some digital print outs. One had the heading "Significant Medical History" and the other was "Encounter Report."

Visa Medicals have their own form for you to fill out and discuss. If they need any further clarification they can ask you to get it from your GP.

Others on these forums have written about their experiences. I am not aware of anyone ever having a problem.

I don't see why the embassy does not just send a standard form to your doctor and cut out the middle man.

It would be really interesting to hear how you get on.

All the best!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.