Anikka

NVC received our petition…

23 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, TimF74 said:

Hi Annikka, my advice would be to keep checking Ceac website. As soon as the status changes from in transit to ready you can register on the UK American consulate Web page, which will then take you through all the next steps. You just need to complete you DS160 for the ref number they give you for this, and have your NVC Case number.

I had my medical Tuesday and Interview booked for the 24th April. As of yet have not recieved a welcome letter.

That's great that you got an appointment :)

We were too nervous to register for the account you need to schedule after fiance went to his medical appointment because it asked us to certify that we had received the packet from the immigrant visa unit. We read some older threads saying embassies/consulates were canceling interviews that were scheduled too close to petitions arriving at the immigrant visa unit.

Kind of wish we'd just went for it because there haven't been any openings 😕 I'm guessing they were canceling those during covid.

Edited by badwolf3304

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 hours ago, badwolf3304 said:

That's great that you got an appointment :)

We were too nervous to register for the account you need to schedule after fiance went to his medical appointment because it asked us to certify that we had received the packet from the immigrant visa unit. We read some older threads saying embassies/consulates were canceling interviews that were scheduled too close to petitions arriving at the immigrant visa unit.

Kind of wish we'd just went for it because there haven't been any openings 😕 I'm guessing they were canceling those during covid.

What I did was get through the various steps on the local US embassy website, to the point where it advises you of interview dates available.

I then called the medical company and asked what dates they had available then chose a date for the medical was at least 10 days away from 1st interview date available. Took 5 mins to book medical.

Once medical was booked then continued to book interview and complete process.

If I had known earlier that medical is valid for 6 months I would have booked whilst in transit, and then potentially got an interview sooner.

Timeline
On 3/29/2023 at 10:06 PM, TimF74 said:

Hi Annikka, my advice would be to keep checking Ceac website. As soon as the status changes from in transit to ready you can register on the UK American consulate Web page, which will then take you through all the next steps. You just need to complete you DS160 for the ref number they give you for this, and have your NVC Case number.

I had my medical Tuesday and Interview booked for the 24th April. As of yet have not recieved a welcome letter.

Hiya. The CEAC website now says “Ready.” When you say register on the UK consulate webpage, do you mean this? This is the link that shows up on the CEAC page underneath “ready”…sorry I’m unclear of if we’re supposed to be waiting for any other information from the Consulate before we start scheduling everything… 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LND-London.html

Edited by Anikka

Timeline
6 hours ago, Anikka said:

Hiya. The CEAC website now says “Ready.” When you say register on the UK consulate webpage, do you mean this? This is the link that shows up on the CEAC page underneath “ready”…sorry I’m unclear of if we’re supposed to be waiting for any other information from the Consulate before we start scheduling everything… 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LND-London.html

Yep that's the one, select register on the Web page, abd follow the steps.

I finally got my packet 3 instructions from UK embassy 3 weeks after ready status. They posted via snail mail rather than emailed.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, TimF74 said:

Yep that's the one, select register on the Web page, abd follow the steps.

I finally got my packet 3 instructions from UK embassy 3 weeks after ready status. They posted via snail mail rather than emailed.

Alright. So it’s okay to select “I have received a letter/email from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K (Fiancé(e)/Spouse/Child) visa appointment.”? Obviously we haven’t received any packet either..

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Anikka said:

Alright. So it’s okay to select “I have received a letter/email from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K (Fiancé(e)/Spouse/Child) visa appointment.”? Obviously we haven’t received any packet either..

Yep good to go and select that option.

Worth checking if your other half has recieved and email from NVC as that is how we found out the status had changed to ready.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, TimF74 said:

Yep good to go and select that option.

Worth checking if your other half has recieved and email from NVC as that is how we found out the status had changed to ready.

No email or letter. Just the first email stating they were sending it to the Embassy. Only found out the changed status to ready because I’ve been checking the website 🤷🏻‍♀️

Timeline
On 3/29/2023 at 11:44 AM, badwolf3304 said:

Sorry! NVC notice not NOA2 

On 3/29/2023 at 3:44 AM, badwolf3304 said:

The links that came from NVC said we could start the process to schedule interview.  The site said we can contact 2 weeks after NVC without receiving our instruction letter so we're going to submit and inquiry tomorrow.

Hey! So, I checked the CEAC website today and our status has now changed to Ready. We havent received any emails or letters other than the email from NVC about the petition being sent to the Embassy. 

We want to get on the website and register and move forward with that, but again, we haven’t received any letters or packets or anything. We have the DS160 done though…and when I go on the CEAC website the photo is what it says. How crucial is waiting for any documents? Someone told me they didn’t get any packet until 3 weeks AFTER it had already changed to Ready…

Thoughts? 

IMG_1554.jpeg

Edited by Anikka

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.