LaJumpa

Police Certificate - ACRO

22 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2023 at 9:03 PM, crudley said:

Apologies for the hijack, but does anyone have any insight into why the "Premium" option is seemingly missing/removed from the application form (v34)?

They got rid of this option when their website was hacked and they had to manually process everything. I have no idea if they are still manually processing or if it's all back up and running like normal, but perhaps they're still backlogged even if they are back processing things like usual.

On 9/3/2023 at 2:43 PM, Micam said:

They got rid of this option when their website was hacked and they had to manually process everything. I have no idea if they are still manually processing or if it's all back up and running like normal, but perhaps they're still backlogged even if they are back processing things like usual.

It's still being done manually, their website has you download the document and go through the same manual steps for getting your ACRO.

As for timelines, I put in the application for mine on May 22nd and received an email June 9th telling me that mine had been dispatched. It arrived on 13th June. So it took about 16 Working days total (Specified working days as all the ACRO information from processing to dispatch always mentions *working* days. So Mon - Fri) from application, to dispatch to in hand. 

Please Everyone I really need answers, I have gotten my ACRO police Ceritificate, it  took me 18working days, I paid for next day delivery so I was charged 9pounds, however I couldn’t get my country’s police certificate(Nigeria), but I have gotten for UK, will this pose a problem to my visa issuance?

NB: I am under k1visa

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2023 at 7:38 AM, Cimira said:

Please Everyone I really need answers, I have gotten my ACRO police Ceritificate, it  took me 18working days, I paid for next day delivery so I was charged 9pounds, however I couldn’t get my country’s police certificate(Nigeria), but I have gotten for UK, will this pose a problem to my visa issuance?

NB: I am under k1visa

I believe you have to have one for every country you have lived in since you turned 16.  I could be mistaken though, I'm not an expert.  Just thought I would chime in, in the event you were still looking for an answer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.