ashu0012

How do I change my employer’s name on STEM OPT after a merger?

1 post in this topic

I worked for a company for 6 months when I heard that it's being acquired by another company, in the next 3-4 months. Since the date of merger wasn't confirmed, I applied for STEM OPT under the old companies name. The merger took place on January 1st (My new start date) but my STEM OPT started on 4th Feb. So I got my STEM OPT approved for my old company (company still exists after merger but dormant). My H1B got picked this year with the new (merged) company. How should I let the USCIS know that I work for the new (merged) company. My advisor is telling me to put a different start date (other than Jan 1st), after March (so that it would look like the merger happened after I received the STEM OPT). But my H1 application was filed on March 15th (and got picked for this year) and the new offer letter (after merger) states that start date with new company is January 1st. Would really appreciate any help.

Edited by ashu0012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.