vjjmember111

help required n-400 filing instruction

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Just looked at the N-400 form today coz i am about a month away from sending my package. Have few doubts about some of the questions. If anyone can answer, i would be highly appreciative of that person.

Few questions about N-400 new form.

1) part 10- 4

under current spouse name: My spouse name is <first Name> <FamilyNameBeforeMarriage>. No middle name. But after marriage she kept her family name and also added my last name to her last name so now her name is like <firstName> <FamilyNameBeforeMarriage> <myFamilyName>. How do i fill out subsection 10-4?

NOTE: Marriage certificate has her original name but subsequent name change has brought this situation.

2) I just have one kid, there is room for at least 4 kids to provide information (if any). Should i put N/A for all other kids information besides the first one?

3) part -12 (4 - A & B)

Question is like below. The answer to 4.A - NO. So do i have to answer 4 B ? There are several questions of similar nature. Just wondering

4. A. Do you now have, or did you EVER have, a hereditary title or an order of nobility in any foreign country.

YES

NO

B. If you answer “Yes”, are you willing to give up any inherited titles or orders of nobility that you have in a foreign country at your naturalization ceremony?

YES

NO

5) Due to job i had to move from east cost to west coast during last five years. So under past 5 years residency, duration of stay has to be continuous from address A to address B?

The reason i am asking is, for example: i left east cost on say july 27th? didn't reached to west cost until July 30th. Stayed with friend couple days and rented apartment from oct 3rd. So there is a gap between address A and B of 7 days? What do i do about that date.

Just looked at the N-400 form today coz i am about a month away from sending my package. Have few doubts about some of the questions. If anyone can answer, i would be highly appreciative of that person.

Few questions about N-400 new form.

1) part 10- 4

under current spouse name: My spouse name is <first Name> <FamilyNameBeforeMarriage>. No middle name. But after marriage she kept her family name and also added my last name to her last name so now her name is like <firstName> <FamilyNameBeforeMarriage> <myFamilyName>. How do i fill out subsection 10-4?

Response: What is her legal name? Use that. If she has gone to court to change her name then use the name from the court order.

NOTE: Marriage certificate has her original name but subsequent name change has brought this situation.

Response: Legal name change requires court order. You can change you name to anything with court order.

2) I just have one kid, there is room for at least 4 kids to provide information (if any). Should i put N/A for all other kids information besides the first one?

Response: use N/A or just leave blank

3) part -12 (4 - A & B)

Question is like below. The answer to 4.A - NO. So do i have to answer 4 B ? There are several questions of similar nature. Just wondering

4. A. Do you now have, or did you EVER have, a hereditary title or an order of nobility in any foreign country.

YES

NO

B. If you answer “Yes”, are you willing to give up any inherited titles or orders of nobility that you have in a foreign country at your naturalization ceremony?

YES

NO

Response: It states that you have to respond if you said "Yes" in the response to Question A. Hence, leave blank.

5) Due to job i had to move from east cost to west coast during last five years. So under past 5 years residency, duration of stay has to be continuous from address A to address B?

The reason i am asking is, for example: i left east cost on say july 27th? didn't reached to west cost until July 30th. Stayed with friend couple days and rented apartment from oct 3rd. So there is a gap between address A and B of 7 days? What do i do about that date.

Response: Use Jan/01/20XX - July/31/2016 Residence #1 and Aug/01/2016 - Present Residence #2.

Edited by squareleg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.