USAontheway

Three scan date letters?

7 posts in this topic

Hello there, I'm new here - sorry I don't have a timeline here some people have yet...but found the site while looking for an answer to this...

Has anyone ever seen this happen?

My husband is a New Zealander, we are immigrating him. We received three copies of the email below, one on Feb 20, the second on Feb 22, and a third one yesterday, March 27 (yesterday for New Zealand).

"

20-FEB-16

Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your documents on 17-FEB-16. We are experiencing a high volume of incoming mail at this time. Please allow 30 days from the date we received your mail for the NVC to review your documents. We are diligently working to reduce our review time and appreciate your patience. The NVC will notify you after our review if there is additional information required or if we are able to schedule your case for an interview overseas. ..... "

(So, exact same email, except for the top date which reflected the date on which they sent us the email)

I have not yet contacted NVC as I am afraid of doing anything that will cause the date to reset -- but I don't know what to make of the multiple scan-date letters - are they resetting my wait time every time they send one of these?

Any thought would be appreciated -- I don't mind waiting and being patient but I just hope they are not resetting everything all over again...

Thank you kindly!

Hi there!

I received the same thing when they emailed me with 3 different top dates but the same scan date/received date. I didnt call NVC regarding the mutiple emails and continued to wait till my case was completed last week. My question for you is do you have the same scan date/received date in the 3 emails you received?

Hi there!

I received the same thing when they emailed me with 3 different top dates but the same scan date/received date. I didnt call NVC regarding the mutiple emails and continued to wait till my case was completed last week. My question for you is do you have the same scan date/received date in the 3 emails you received?

Hello - thank you for responding to my post!

To answer your question -- The email that was sent (top date) of March 27 had a scan date of February 19th .... the emails that were sent on Feb 20 and 22 both had a scan date of Feb 17th. I'm not sure why this is, as everything was sent in one package (AOS and IV).

Could you possibly tell me, how long did it take from the 3rd scan date email they sent you, or how many days total did you have to wait from scan date until you got your Case Complete? If you count from my first scan date of Feb 17th, we are on day 40 of our wait now (although they say wait 30 days, haha).

Thanks again - and congratulations on your CC!

Hello - thank you for responding to my post!

To answer your question -- The email that was sent (top date) of March 27 had a scan date of February 19th .... the emails that were sent on Feb 20 and 22 both had a scan date of Feb 17th. I'm not sure why this is, as everything was sent in one package (AOS and IV).

Could you possibly tell me, how long did it take from the 3rd scan date email they sent you, or how many days total did you have to wait from scan date until you got your Case Complete? If you count from my first scan date of Feb 17th, we are on day 40 of our wait now (although they say wait 30 days, haha).

Thanks again - and congratulations on your CC!

Hmmmm if you do sent in 1 package (both AOS and IV), they should have the same scan date because I did the same thing you did and sent mine in one package. But I read on some of the threads here that the AOS and IV documents distributed to the different departments within the NVC office, dont quote me on that.

My scan date was February 11th and CC on March 18th so 29 days later but please give them 30-45 days of waiting

Also, one more thing I want to say is that the date/waiting time will not reset if you call NVC regarding anything about your case. And yes I've called them multiple times without issue.

Edited by H82LOS3

Hmmmm if you do sent in 1 package (both AOS and IV), they should have the same scan date because I did the same thing you did and sent mine in one package. But I read on some of the threads here that the AOS and IV documents distributed to the different departments within the NVC office, dont quote me on that.

My scan date was February 11th and CC on March 18th so 29 days later but please give them 30-45 days of waiting

Also, one more thing I want to say is that the date/waiting time will not reset if you call NVC regarding anything about your case. And yes I've called them multiple times without issue.

Thank you for this information - I didn't know about the documents possibly being sent to different departments, either. You are so lucky only 29 days, I wish you a smooth and safe journey the rest of it! You've made me feel a bit better about the wait and I feel better about having to call them at any point, thanks for that too! Will keep my patience and stay busy in the meantime... :)

Thank you for this information - I didn't know about the documents possibly being sent to different departments, either. You are so lucky only 29 days, I wish you a smooth and safe journey the rest of it! You've made me feel a bit better about the wait and I feel better about having to call them at any point, thanks for that too! Will keep my patience and stay busy in the meantime... :)

You're very welcome, I love this website and the helpful community that made up this forum

My suggestion for you is go ahead and call NVC soon as they are open tomorrow 07:00 so that you'll have less chance of waiting time and ask if there is any update about your case. From time to time check your case online and see if you have 3 N/As because thats what happened to me last week. I was so shocked that I kept logging in and logging out THREE times to make sure I was not seeing things lol. Then I called NVC the next day to make sure that my case was completed and sure enough it did! Currently I'm waiting for the interview date and hopefully that'll come soon

Thank you so much for your kind words, I really really really appreciate it. It has been a long journey for me and Im sure I can vouch that for the rest of us here in the forum. Im praying for you to get CC soon so you both will be reunited ASAP :)

Please let me know if you need anymore information because Im always browsing this forum and learn something new everyday

Edited by H82LOS3

You're very welcome, I love this website and the helpful community that made up this forum

My suggestion for you is go ahead and call NVC soon as they are open tomorrow 07:00 so that you'll have less chance of waiting time and ask if there is any update about your case. From time to time check your case online and see if you have 3 N/As because thats what happened to me last week. I was so shocked that I kept logging in and logging out THREE times to make sure I was not seeing things lol. Then I called NVC the next day to make sure that my case was completed and sure enough it did! Currently I'm waiting for the interview date and hopefully that'll come soon

Thank you so much for your kind words, I really really really appreciate it. It has been a long journey for me and Im sure I can vouch that for the rest of us here in the forum. Im praying for you to get CC soon so you both will be reunited ASAP :)

Please let me know if you need anymore information because Im always browsing this forum and learn something new everyday

Thank you for this.. in fact I need to post a new topic, unfortunately today we got sent a checklist that makes no sense. :( I will just keep praying and keep going though... lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.