Done526

Today!! Received Interview Date of Aug 11 Dominican Republic.

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

We received our IV date today for Santo Domingo in 6 weeks. I have a couple of questions and open to any advice. First, my wife lives in Puerto Plata which in about 5 hrs from the capital, Santo Domingo where the clinic for her medical exam is located so will we be able to schedule her interview within a few days before the interview? How long before the interview should we schedule this so that the results are available on time? How long after the interview will the visa be available on average? Is it true that I should wait until she is approved before purchasing her flight? I can get about 10 days off of work for the trip how do you believe the best timing would be in relation to the interview. Can you suggest reasonably priced hotels near the embassy? also any suggestion with this in mind on getting to the embassy and clinic from the hotel. Also if you would aside from the visa itself and the meical examination what other charges will I need to pay. Thank you in advance. You all on this site have been invaluable to me in navigating this process and I am so thankful. I look forward to your responses.

congrats on the interview!

you must have her birth certificate (long form) and her police certificate.

she must also get her fingerprints done prior to the interview.

she must pay for the interview to get the appointment for the fingerprints.

we interviewed and got approved, we received the visa 11 days later.

you never know how long you are in AP after the visa is approved.

the important thing is you are at the interview.

we did fingerprints and police certificate in one day and medical and birth certificate another day.

let the medical know when her interview is because you have to pick up the medical papers before the interview.

you want to do medical at least 10 days before interview.

we were in the embassy for almost four hours.

hope this helps.

Hi everyone,

We received our IV date today for Santo Domingo in 6 weeks. I have a couple of questions and open to any advice. First, my wife lives in Puerto Plata which in about 5 hrs from the capital, Santo Domingo where the clinic for her medical exam is located so will we be able to schedule her interview within a few days before the interview? How long before the interview should we schedule this so that the results are available on time? How long after the interview will the visa be available on average? Is it true that I should wait until she is approved before purchasing her flight? I can get about 10 days off of work for the trip how do you believe the best timing would be in relation to the interview. Can you suggest reasonably priced hotels near the embassy? also any suggestion with this in mind on getting to the embassy and clinic from the hotel. Also if you would aside from the visa itself and the meical examination what other charges will I need to pay. Thank you in advance. You all on this site have been invaluable to me in navigating this process and I am so thankful. I look forward to your responses.

I have an additions Question i just saw this on the embassy's website.

As of January 1st, 2015, all Immigrant Visa applicants who have an appointment scheduled by the National Visa Center (NVC) must visit the offsite Visa Application Center (VAC) at the Galleria 360 mall in Santo Domingo for fingerscans and photos prior to their interview at the U.S. Embassy. Please visit www.ustraveldocs.com/do in order to make an appointment at the VAC. Any applicant who appears at the Embassy for an interview prior to having visited the VAC will be turned away and asked to re-schedule.

Does anyone know where this is located in relation to the Embassy and whether appointment there prior to interview are pretty flexible.

Thanks again, Skyxchef

Edited by skyxchef

after we paid for the interview we got to schedule the fingerprints/photos. it is about 30 minutes from the embassy. also you can decide where to pick up the visa. sorry about a hotel, we stayed at her parents house.

I was there for a K!, don't know about a CR1

How did it go. How was setting up the medical exam? Did you Have to go to the VAC for the fingerprints and photos? Any other advice greatly appreciated.Thank you.!!!

after we paid for the interview we got to schedule the fingerprints/photos. it is about 30 minutes from the embassy. also you can decide where to pick up the visa. sorry about a hotel, we stayed at her parents house.

Interesting so no problem scheduling it for after the interview. Were you able to schedule it for the same day?

I scheduled VAC two weeks before interview. you must have the stamped copy of the ds160 to show embassy officer.

I do not know if you can do both same day. it only took 15 minutes at VAC.

you must have VAC before interview.

congrats on the interview!

you must have her birth certificate (long form) and her police certificate.

she must also get her fingerprints done prior to the interview.

she must pay for the interview to get the appointment for the fingerprints.

we interviewed and got approved, we received the visa 11 days later.

you never know how long you are in AP after the visa is approved.

the important thing is you are at the interview.

we did fingerprints and police certificate in one day and medical and birth certificate another day.

let the medical know when her interview is because you have to pick up the medical papers before the interview.

you want to do medical at least 10 days before interview.

we were in the embassy for almost four hours.

hope this helps.

Thank you I did not realize that she must have the medical done that far in advance. I was hoping to not have to have her go solo into Santo Domingo before the interview because it is such a long trip.Definately have alot of logistics to work out.

Did your wife call to set up the interview or can I? -I speak some Spanish but not real well. Also did you set up the firgerprint appointment at this site www.ustraveldocs.com/do and how many days before the interview were her pfngerprints taken?

I set up every thing on the website. you have to have the banco popular receipt to do the medical( or have the appoinmemt letter)

you must use the website to set up fingerprints.

I was doing a k1, your process may be different.

this page will answer all your questions.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=DominicanRepublic&cty=SantoDomingo

look under your visa type.

Your wife can go to medical exam in the morning and vca apooinment in the afternoon.

Medical exam need to be done 10 busdines days before interview date.

So you canvschedule vca appoinment 10 bussines days and she can do medical and vca at the same day.

As she lives at Puerto Plata, she can go the day before and stay in a hotel then early go to medical and at the afternoin go to vca.

I live in Santiago 2 :30 hours from santo Domingo, i went and stayed in a hotel.

Ivarrived to the hotel at 8:00 pm.

Jardines del Teatro hotel is near the place where they do medical exam.

She can take a taxi to go to medical and vca.

Jardines del teatro hotel is a very confortable hotel and the owner can help her a lot , with taxi etc.

809 687 5114 that is the hotel phone number.

Your wife can go to medical exam in the morning and vca apooinment in the afternoon.

Medical exam need to be done 10 busdines days before interview date.

So you canvschedule vca appoinment 10 bussines days and she can do medical and vca at the same day.

As she lives at Puerto Plata, she can go the day before and stay in a hotel then early go to medical and at the afternoin go to vca.

I live in Santiago 2 :30 hours from santo Domingo, i went and stayed in a hotel.

Ivarrived to the hotel at 8:00 pm.

Jardines del Teatro hotel is near the place where they do medical exam.

She can take a taxi to go to medical and vca.

Jardines del teatro hotel is a very confortable hotel and the owner can help her a lot , with taxi etc.

809 687 5114 that is the hotel phone number.

That sounds great. I just spoke with her and we will schedule it as such. I did read about Jardines del teatro hotel online and considered it >thank you for the recommendation- I will schedule the VCA and book the hotel. Does my wife need am appointment for the medical or can she just go in the same day as her VCA appointment?? Thank You!

Hi everyone,

Hi, My interview is on July 16th, I did my medical exam on June 26th las friday and going to VAC Galeria 360 for fingersprint and photos on July 1st, she needs an appointment for VAC.

She doesnt need an appointment for medical exam, I am getting my results in July 7th so they are taking 11 days to give the results. The price of exams and vaccinations is US$289 If she is between 19-64 and is not pregnant.

There are only two places allow for US embassy where she can do her medical, I went to this one

Estamos ubicados en la Avenida Independencia No. 254, esq. Calle Paseo Presidente Vicini Burgos y Calle Danae, Sector Gazcue, Santo Domingo.

Teléfonos: 809-685-1587 / 809-689-1429 / 809-689-2488.

En horario de lunes a viernes de 6:30 am a 11:00 am., por orden de llegada.

Requisito para el Examen Médico:

1. Hoja de Cita expedida por el Consulado Americano: Debe incluir los nombres de cada Aplicante para una Residencia de Inmigrante.
  2. Pasaporte con una validez de 6 meses por lo menos.
  3. Cédula de Identificación Personal
  4. Niños que no estén acompañados de sus padres, deben tener un poder legalizado.
  5. Niños de 0 a 14 años: 4 fotos, tamaño 2" x 2" a color en fondo blanco.
  6. Adultos de 15 años en adelante: 5 fotos, tamaño 2" x 2" a color en fondo blanco.
  7. Imprescindible presentar en letras de molde: Dirección, teléfono, zip code, ciudad y estado donde vivirán en Estados Unidos.
  8. Si tiene Tarjeta de Vacunación debe traerla.
  9. Si usas lentes es necesario que los presente en el momento del examen médico.
  10. Si está o estuvo en tratamiento médico por alguna enfermedad específica, deberás presentar reporte médico en ingles y español que incluya: Diagnostico/Tratamiento/Pronostico.
  11. No ayune antes del examen médico. Usted debe comer normalmente. En adición, si usted usa algún medicamento, debe seguir tomándolo.

Good Luck

Be sure that you schedule the vca at 2 or 3 pm, in that way it is enough time to have mwdical done abd she can move relax from medical to vca.

She doesnt need appoinment for medical just show up.

If she sleep at the hotel she can go early, about 6:00 be at the medical.

A cousin of my went to medical in the morning and vxa at 3:00 pm

Vca it is very fast, so she take the bus to Puerto Plata.

That sounds great. I just spoke with her and we will schedule it as such. I did read about Jardines del teatro hotel online and considered it >thank you for the recommendation- I will schedule the VCA and book the hotel. Does my wife need am appointment for the medical or can she just go in the same day as her VCA appointment?? Thank You!

You book at the hotel with a call.

Your wif can call and just say with day she will be there and time that she will arrive

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.