y&j_

Santo domingo VAC appointment problem

24 posts in this topic

Yep, my fiancé went to the VAC appointment and his medical both on the day before the interview. Check out my timeline :)

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

My lawyer told me you could do VAC even the day before interview dayy

Oh really? I would be nervous being that close to the interview. I am going to try and do it closer to the Medical Appointment, hopefully next week.

You can go to the medical in the morning and to vca in the afternoon.

I cousin of mine did that, he went to medical in the morning and at 3:00 pm he went to vca.

Oh really? I would be nervous being that close to the interview. I am going to try and do it closer to the Medical Appointment, hopefully next week.

You can go to the medical in the morning and to vca in the afternoon.

I cousin of mine did that, he went to medical in the morning and at 3:00 pm he went to vca.

I heard that you dont get the medical results the same day. Thats why I thought you had to go in advance.

My fiancé picked his results up the next day. If they see your interview is the next day they will expedite the results. He went at 6:30 in the morning for the medical and then had the VAC appt at 3pm.

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

I heard that you dont get the medical results the same day. Thats why I thought you had to go in advance.

Yes you need go to the medical exam a least 10 bussines days before consular interview.

Caonsular interview and vca appoinment are diferents.

• 2 weeks later...

Can the VAC appointment be scheduled before the 10 days they specify on their instructions? I scheduled mine three weeks in advance and I'm wondering if I have to stick to those ten days before the interview. Please help!

That isnt a problem, if you were lucky scheduling 3 weeks before, dont worry you can go.

Can the VAC appointment be scheduled before the 10 days they specify on their instructions? I scheduled mine three weeks in advance and I'm wondering if I have to stick to those ten days before the interview. Please help!

• 3 months later...

Question.. When I scheduled our interview this morning it also had me schedule a OFC appointment. What is the OFC appointment for and do I also schedule a VAC appointment? and if so where do i go online to schedule a VAC appointment? Thanks for any info you can share.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.