Pedro and Jerrica

Santo Domingo Post Interview

64 posts in this topic

Congratulations! I know it must be very exciting to have your passport in hand and ready to travel!!

My wife is still waiting. CEAC said the visa was "issued" last week Tuesday. The good news is that the Passport Tracking system on ustraveldocs website changed today from "your passport is at the embassy" to "your passport has been received from the consular section and is currently being processed for delivery." We hope that means it should be at the MBE store in Megacentro soon.

Thank you! I'm so happy that this process is almost over and then it's on to the next process but at least we'll be doing it together. I'm sure you'll get your passport very soon!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything was good and smooth at the interview, the consul said congratulations your visa is approved, have a safe trip. He said everything ws fine and that my passport would be ready within 1-3 weeks. That was all.

Congratulations! I know it must be very exciting to have your passport in hand and ready to travel!!

My wife is still waiting. CEAC said the visa was "issued" last week Tuesday. The good news is that the Passport Tracking system on ustraveldocs website changed today from "your passport is at the embassy" to "your passport has been received from the consular section and is currently being processed for delivery." We hope that means it should be at the MBE store in Megacentro soon.

My passport status went through the same changes today as yours.

My passport status went through the same changes today as yours.

Passport in hands!! And flight ticket purchased!! He will arrive Saturday.... So glad the rest of the this process will be in the US.., ?

K1 Visa

Service Center :         Texas Service Center

Transferred?               California Service Center on 2014-08-11

Consulate :                Dominican Republic

I-129F Sent :              2014-05-15

I-129F NOA1 :            2014-05-22                

I-129F NOA2 :            2014-09-16

NVC Received :         2014-10-07

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :           2014-10-09

NVC Left : 2014-10-22

Consulate Received :  2014-10-23

Interview Date :          2015-01-13 

Interview Result :       Approved:                 

Marriage :  2015-06-06

Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 117 days from your NOA1 date.  Your interview took 236 days from your I-129F NOA1 date

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed :                2015-04-11

NOA Date :                2015-04-17  

Bio. Appt. :                2015-05-12

Approved : Yes     Green Card Received: 2015-10-20

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed :                2015-04-11

NOA Date :                2015-04-17

Bio. Appt. :                2015-05-12

Approved Date :         2015-07-02

Date Card Received :  2015-07-15   ----Estimates/Stats :Your EAD was approved in 82 days.

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :               Vermont Service Center

Date Filed :                2017-07-17

NOA Date :                2017-08-01

RFE(s) :    2018-11-16

Bio. Appt. :                2017-09-06

Interview Date :          No-Interview

Approval / Denial Date :   2018-12-18

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp :        Yes

Green Card Received :               

Comments :

Passport in hand as well!! We picked it up yesterday at the MBE in Megacentro. I'm flying down tomorrow to spend a day with her and the family, then we return together Sunday!

lliama&Amaury:

Was your passport and entry package in good condition when your husband picked it up? I ask because my wife's package looked like it had been run over by a truck. It did not come in a delivery envelope either. The yellow folder and passport were separate, and the yellow envelop was kind of torn up and partially open. It was not opened all the way so we can still use it to enter, but it was really disappointing to receive our package that way. A wrinkled mess. We think MBE did a terrible job.

Was that the earliest interview date you could get from the date the consulate received your petition? Still waiting for nvc to mail it to consulate but hoping to schedule an interview in February. Now that you can schedule them online, I'm praying for an earlier date.

That was the earliest date I could get. It was fairly quick after I received notification that my application was ready for interview, but it did take two and a half months for the consulate to send me that notification. Once I did have the notification, we interviewed within two weeks.

My fiancé and I interviewed on February 4th and we were successful (thank god!). The interview itself was relatively very easy and quite pleasant. We had to wait for several hours at the embassy, and there were a lot of people there, but the interview lasted less than 10 minutes. Within two days, it indicated on ceac.state.gov that the visa was in administrative processing, and within 6 days, it was listed as "issued" on the ceac website.

My question is, from the date of the visa being "issued" on the website, how long did it take those of you who have been through this to get the visa/passport in hand. the cgifederal website says that the embassy still has the passport.

Let me know!

Edited by fgruga01

• 1 month later...

I need that answer too! ^^^

Edited by AverysMom

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

There was someone who posted on another topic that they went on.2/9 for their interview and just received notice this week that it was ready for pickup.

It took 3 weeks from when it showed on CEAC issued until we actually had the visa and passport in hand

Thank you! Seems like it can take from 3 days to 3 weeks.

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.