Crazy Rabbit

Guides are helpful, but I need a little more

4 posts in this topic

Before I get started, I just want to say that I am the petitioner. This is for a K-1 fiancée visa. Ok, I got my NOA2 today and it was approved!!! I know that I need to wait a couple of weeks to call the NVC to get a case number and then my fiancée can email the choice of agent form so I get all the mail for her.

Here is the issue. I just got a new job and I will be moving. I really didn't expect to get approved so soon. Here's what I need help with:

1. The tax transcripts for the last 3 years will show earnings above the required 125% of poverty level for my situation. W-2's for last year ditto. Like I said, I just got a new job so all I have for that is an offer letter and my first paycheck will be next month. However, by the time she has her interview I'm sure I will have more paystubs to provide her. Will that be enough?

2. I just got the NOA2 and I am moving at the end of the month. When should I change my address and with whom? I am going to be requesting that I be her agent so I can get the embassy packet for her.

3. When should she get her NBI (police clearance)? She is going to the Philippines in October, but she can change her plans if her interview will be around that time. Or, can we do anything to postpone this a little bit? The NOA2 says it is valid until November 30, is there a way we can get her interview for the last week of November?

4. Mostly I just need my nerves calmed. I've been patient through this process but I was able to pass the time by looking for work. Not that I found work and I got the NOA2 in the same day, my mind is racing!

Any help will be appreciated. If I think my nerves need to be calmed, I can imagine how badly hers need to be calmed! It's a good thing I am planning on seeing her this month!

Before I get started, I just want to say that I am the petitioner. This is for a K-1 fiancée visa. Ok, I got my NOA2 today and it was approved!!! I know that I need to wait a couple of weeks to call the NVC to get a case number and then my fiancée can email the choice of agent form so I get all the mail for her.

Here is the issue. I just got a new job and I will be moving. I really didn't expect to get approved so soon. Here's what I need help with:

1. The tax transcripts for the last 3 years will show earnings above the required 125% of poverty level for my situation. W-2's for last year ditto. Like I said, I just got a new job so all I have for that is an offer letter and my first paycheck will be next month. However, by the time she has her interview I'm sure I will have more paystubs to provide her. Will that be enough?

2. I just got the NOA2 and I am moving at the end of the month. When should I change my address and with whom? I am going to be requesting that I be her agent so I can get the embassy packet for her.

3. When should she get her NBI (police clearance)? She is going to the Philippines in October, but she can change her plans if her interview will be around that time. Or, can we do anything to postpone this a little bit? The NOA2 says it is valid until November 30, is there a way we can get her interview for the last week of November?

4. Mostly I just need my nerves calmed. I've been patient through this process but I was able to pass the time by looking for work. Not that I found work and I got the NOA2 in the same day, my mind is racing!

Any help will be appreciated. If I think my nerves need to be calmed, I can imagine how badly hers need to be calmed! It's a good thing I am planning on seeing her this month!

Answers:

1.) Aside from the tax forms and pay stubs, you may request employment/salary letter from your new job stating date hired, full time/part time, monthly salary on a company letterhead. Your salary offer may not be needed, what's important is to show them that you are currently earning enough to support your fiance.

2.) For this, I'm not too sure. You may look it up more here in VJ, I'm sure there are many who had undergone the same.

3.) Most probably, interview will be scheduled around late Nov or early Dec. So you're target trip to Phil on Oct is fine and she may get her NBI from there. It is valid for 6 mos. But I suggest for her trip to be a bit earlier like Sept so she can have ample time to prep for the interview since she will still be taking the medical exam. Better to do it weeks before for worst case scenario that there are bad findings, she may still have time to do something about it than have the interview rescheduled for the lack thereof.

4.) Relax :)

Hope I helped.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.