Samberb0408

Embassy in El Salvador.

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

It's a waiting game I believe. My husband turned in medical, police report and passport as instructed in the instruction letter received via email. It will be 4 weeks tomorrow that the embassy in El Salvador received his documents. No updates till today. Ceac still shows refused. Anyone have any input to this? I've called dos and all they say is that it's being reviewed by an officer.

It is a waiting game. It's been more than two months since my husband had his interview in San Salvador and nothing. All I know is that the CO is currently reviewing our case. I send an email last week and yesterday, I notice that the embassy was closed this Monday and Tuesday. Even today is closed. I'm f#$!ked.

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

My husband turned in additional documents with his passport by cargo express 2 months ago we still havent heard anything they say they are reviewing everything

Timeline

It is a waiting game. It's been more than two months since my husband had his interview in San Salvador and nothing. All I know is that the CO is currently reviewing our case. I send an email last week and yesterday, I notice that the embassy was closed this Monday and Tuesday. Even today is closed. I'm f#$!ked.

I checked the schedules for the holidays and i knew it was only Monday Tuesday didn't know about yesterday. I've been told the same thing. That the consular is reviewing the docs...what does your ceac say?

My husband turned in additional documents with his passport by cargo express 2 months ago we still havent heard anything they say they are reviewing everything

It sucks big time. Hopefully soon you'll get good news. We all will.. What does your ceac say? Is it still showing "refused"?

I checked the schedules for the holidays and i knew it was only Monday Tuesday didn't know about yesterday. I've been told the same thing. That the consular is reviewing the docs...what does your ceac say?

It sucks big time. Hopefully soon you'll get good news. We all will.. What does your ceac say? Is it still showing "refused"?

No mine never said refused it says administrative processing it says that since his interview day but when i call they say its because of the additional documents they asked for during the interview he got a green 221g

No mine never said refused it says administrative processing it says that since his interview day but when i call they say its because of the additional documents they asked for during the interview he got a green 221g

Hi everybody,

I wanted to know if the requested documents that you have mailed in were required after an interview or waiver? My husbands i212 waiver was approved in May and he has his appointment for his second interview on the 12th of this month and is required to bring all his documents. I wanted to get an idea as to what we can expect; since his waiver was approved we received a letter and it stated that at the interview they will let us know at that time if he will be approved on the spot. I also check the case through CEAC and it shows that there have been updates but isn't specific as to what the update is. I have called UStraveldocs but they aren't too helpful. Instead I contact the department of state and they are able to tell me over the phone what the update is which is helpful but they cannot create requests.

Hi everybody,

I wanted to know if the requested documents that you have mailed in were required after an interview or waiver? My husbands i212 waiver was approved in May and he has his appointment for his second interview on the 12th of this month and is required to bring all his documents. I wanted to get an idea as to what we can expect; since his waiver was approved we received a letter and it stated that at the interview they will let us know at that time if he will be approved on the spot. I also check the case through CEAC and it shows that there have been updates but isn't specific as to what the update is. I have called UStraveldocs but they aren't too helpful. Instead I contact the department of state and they are able to tell me over the phone what the update is which is helpful but they cannot create requests.

My husbands documents were sent because the co requested them after his interview they gave him a green 221g telling him what they wanted.i have sent email and called Dos all i get is they are reviewing the documents.

My husbands documents were sent because the co requested them after his interview they gave him a green 221g telling him what they wanted.i have sent email and called Dos all i get is they are reviewing the documents.

If you dont mind me asking when was his interview? Also, is the 221g because he needs more documents? Was he ever asked for a waiver?

If you dont mind me asking when was his interview? Also, is the 221g because he needs more documents? Was he ever asked for a waiver?

His interview was may 31 2013 yes the 221g was because he needed more documents he had to submit them with his passport he submitted everything 4 days later.He was never asked for a waiver the co told him he needed those documents before he could issue the visa because he didnt want my husband to have any issues when he entered the U.S

His interview was may 31 2013 yes the 221g was because he needed more documents he had to submit them with his passport he submitted everything 4 days later.He was never asked for a waiver the co told him he needed those documents before he could issue the visa because he didnt want my husband to have any issues when he entered the U.S

Sorry to hear that you have the delay from the consular office!! I know how frustrating it is because my husbands waiver was approved in May and it was so hard to work anything with the UStraveldocs and the consular office..we finally got the interview scheduled. Good luck with everything and I hope everything works out well for you :)

Hi i will have my interview date next month can i ask you what document you bring to the interview?

USCIS

02/08/2013 Sent I-130 & G-325a

02/12/2013 Priority Date

02/20/2013 NOA1

03/22/2013 I-130 APPROVED dancin5hr.gif

NVC

04/08/2013 Got my case number NVC

04/10/2013 Got my invoiced ID number

04/17/2013 Paid AOS Bill

04/10/2013 Sent email DS-3032

04/18/2013 ACCEPTED DS-3032

04/25/2013 Paid IV bill

05/08/2013 Delivered IV Packet

05/13/2013 Delivered AOS packet

05/22/2013 False Checklist IV packet

06/12/2013 reviewed new I-864 version but i got checklist cray5ol.gif

06/13/2013 i got email checklist

06/15/2013 checklist AOS delivered to NVC

06/19/2013 sent other checklist AOS because i looked that i make mistake and first checklist i sent

07/03/2013 Finally CASE COMPLETE.....Thank GOD dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

07/15/2013 CASE COMPLETE AGAIN

07/30/2013 Received packet 4

09/16/2013 INTERVIEW DATE THANK GOD dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

Timeline

Sorry to hear that you have the delay from the consular office!! I know how frustrating it is because my husbands waiver was approved in May and it was so hard to work anything with the UStraveldocs and the consular office..we finally got the interview scheduled. Good luck with everything and I hope everything works out well for you :)

I'm ready that many folks need a second interview after the waiver approval...is it normal??? I'm worried now more than before. Because my husband wasn't asked for an interview. Just docs and renewal of medical to be sent in. Today marks 4 weeks since the passport was received at the consulate but the last update on ceac was July 18. It still says refused.

Hi i will have my interview date next month can i ask you what document you bring to the interview?

Bring copies of everything you sent to the nvc also if u didn't send affidavit of support with 2012 taxes take it. Proof of relationship just to be sure sometimes they ask its better to be prepared.

I'm ready that many folks need a second interview after the waiver approval...is it normal??? I'm worried now more than before. Because my husband wasn't asked for an interview. Just docs and renewal of medical to be sent in. Today marks 4 weeks since the passport was received at the consulate but the last update on ceac was July 18. It still says refused.

Yes it is normal that they ask for an interview after the approval of the waiver and in our case it's because my husbands first interview was in august 2011!! everything went fine and he was asked for a waiver and when it was filed in the US a huge mixup happened with our case which delayed it up until now which is why they are asking for a second interview because they have to have all the documents again since everything has expired since and he did need to do another medical exam as well. I have heard that most people just have to send the documents and passport in and wait. Have you tried putting in a request to see what is taking forever?

Hi everybody,

Did your husband go to his interview? How did it go? I still havent heard back from the embassy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.