sege5641

Submitting Additional Documentation to Consulate

1 post in this topic

So my wife had her interview a couple of months ago and we forgot some of the forms. But now we have completed all the forms and are trying to send them up to the consulate in Johannesburg, South Africa.

I see on the green sheet we were given at the interview it states "The U.S. Government will bear the cost of returning your outstanding documentation to the U.S. Consulate." Both phone numbers listed on this sheet for the Visa call center and DHL within the consulate are disconnected. I have spoken to a couple of people at the consulate some don't know what I'm talking about and others give me additional phone numbers to call. I did reach someone within DHL that knew about this but was unable to help because she would have to give me the consulates DHL account number to charge to their account....

Now after all this I found http://usvisa-info.com/en-ZA/selfservice but still this site talks about "Submit Documents to Consular Section" but does not have any option of creating a shipping label or any other information. I have clicked every link this website has and four hours latter I relies it is just another game from the State Department.

So how in the hell do you send documents up and get the consulate to "bear the cost"?????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.