~Yoly~

Questions...Im a soon to be wife of 2013 Yayyyyy

5 posts in this topic

Good Morning VJ,

I just have a few questions....Me and my fiance are getting married in April in Dominican Republic....Yayyyy meeeee :D

1. Where can I get proof that I have never been married? Is it in City Hall?

2. To get my that paper as well as my birth certificate do I need to get it translated in spanish, Do I need to go to the Consulador here in Boston?

3. Last question I PROMISE :lol: Can I change my last name when I get back?

Good Morning VJ,

I just have a few questions....Me and my fiance are getting married in April in Dominican Republic....Yayyyy meeeee :D

1. Where can I get proof that I have never been married? Is it in City Hall?You can go to your local county clerk office to obtain this document. I had to pay I believe it with $15.00 at the time.

2. To get my that paper as well as my birth certificate do I need to get it translated in spanish, Do I need to go to the Consulador here in Boston? When I got married I didn't have to translate it I just sent them a copy of my birth cert. and passport.

3. Last question I PROMISE :lol: Can I change my last name when I get back? As long as you bring back you marriage cert. you can go into your local SS office file out a form ( you can fill this form online) and take it to them and your name will be changed.

Congratulations, Good luck ahead in your journey!

~* GodsGift225*~

Make sure to get all papers aposilled (sp?) You can have this done at certain sec. of state offices. They will not except them if they are not.

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

When I got married in OCt 2011 I did have to get my birth certificate translated and also apostilled (legalization). I had to send my birth cert to sacramento to get that done since I am from California.

Once I got to the dominican I had to get something else done that cost me around RD$6000. They gave us our marriage certificate right after we were done. (Not sure if they normally do that which I don't think so but the guy that worked there is the cousin of my husband's best friend).

Once I got back with the marriage certificate after about two weeks I went to the DMV and changed my license with my new lastname (showing as proof my marriage certificate which was in spanish and since the gentleman was hispanic he said it was okay).

After the DMV I went to the SS Office and also with my Marriage Cert I changed that as well.

Edited by RosyAgramonte

Rosy and Jose Luis <3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.