Maria-Adam

add derivative to petition/nvc or orginal consulate

24 posts in this topic

Most persons get it by email. If NVC sent packet 3 to you by email then you should get packet 4 (interview letter) by email too.

Send in your DS 230 quickly so your case can be completed. When you get packet 4 they will tell you what you need to bring to the interview. Remember when you get your date contact the consulate about your baby. If an AOS, police report or medical was done 1 year before the interview date then those 3 things will have to be redone (even if packet 4 doesn't ask for it) because they expired.

So once everything is fixed, on the interview day your wife should bring:

Interview letter (old one + one with babies name)

Translated birth certificate

Medicals

Passports

Passport pictures

A pen

I-864 (for the Co sponsor IF the husband's salary isn't high enough)

Edited by aaydrian

Filed: Timeline

thanks for your replay realy now i see what should , we didn t need cosponsor to submit documents to nvc because the income is enough , the petitioner is the sponsor we used i864 ez form

should we fill i864 or i864ez like we send to nvc or i864 used also for salary if he is enough?

There are only 2 reasons why you would need a new AOS:

1) If the the embassy ask for the most recent tax returns (2012)

Or

2) The petitioner doesn't make enough in salary & needs a cosponsor to send in an AOS.

I have never heard of the I-864 ez form but if you got it off a US government website or NVC accepted the one you already submitted then you can use it again.

How many children does the petitioner have in the US? Does he claim anyone as dependents on his taxes? If yes, how many dependents?

petitioner has no children in us, we filled tax jointly for 2011.

form i864ez is the shorter version of i864 used for petitioners who has high salary or enough income we don t have prob with income im sur but this form sponsor just one person,we use it before knowing about that pregnancy, that mean ther will be no enough cases to add bbaby, wheh i went to consulat they ask me to fill new form i864 for baby,i told him we have already send it to nvc ,he told me just to show if the income is enough to support petitioner and baby.

i asked her wish form should we fill he told me they are the same just u must fill i864 we need to show if inome enough.

Edited by Maria-Adam

Based on what you say, the husband only needs to make $23,862 for a household of 3.

I just realised something. It looks like you will do your interview after March 2013 so the petitioner will need to submit new AOS and tax returns for 2012. This could be the reason why the consulate is telling you to get a new I-864 and bring it to the interview (faster & easier and by then your case will be at the consulate) instead of sending it NVC (because you already passed that stage). They want to make sure that for 2012 the petitioner was working enough money to sponsor his wife and now his baby.

So once everything is fixed, on the interview day your wife should bring:

Interview letter (old one + one with babies name)

Translated birth certificate

Medicals

Passports

Passport pictures

A pen

I-864 (for the Co sponsor IF the husband's salary isn't high enough and IF the husband needs 2012 tax returns)

Hope you understand everything I wrote.

Edited by aaydrian

thank u so much for your help, u know u explain me more than consulate, i know now what is the next step and what should i prepare because in consulate they don t provide like this informations

when u ask them more questions they tell u wait until getting interview

thank u very very much

i know now why they need i864 because they need to show the income of 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.