tcTTct

Transferring money from Vietnam.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Need advice from thise who have gone before me.

My fiancée sold a house in 2010 will be transferring a large sum of money over. HSBC says that the sale is too long ago and they cannot transfer the money unless she is able to provide some kind of proof that it is her money, conveniently ignoring the fact that she deposited the money into her own HSBC account immediately after the sale.

Provided that she finds a way to transfer the money, what will be the Fed/IRS implications if she transfers it to my bank account? Am I able to add her as a joint account holder? How would I be able to prove that my fiancée transferred her monetary assets to my account?

It's a real PITA...

My fiancée sold a house in 2010 will be transferring a large sum of money over. HSBC says that the sale is too long ago and they cannot transfer the money unless she is able to provide some kind of proof that it is her money, conveniently ignoring the fact that she deposited the money into her own HSBC account immediately after the sale.

Provided that she finds a way to transfer the money, what will be the Fed/IRS implications if she transfers it to my bank account? Am I able to add her as a joint account holder? How would I be able to prove that my fiancée transferred her monetary assets to my account?

It's a real PITA...

Sounds like a case for a CPA and a lawyer to be involved, and not a DIY that will get you on a first name basis with the IRS.

Peace.

IRSshakingman.jpg

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Timeline

It's a real PITA...

I have HSBC and was able to add my wife who was in Vietnam at the time as a joint owner to my account. Every bank has different policy. I have another bank, they would not let me add my wife without a state issued id, even a passport or green card is not acceptable.

As I understand it, if you send $10k or more, then they have their report it to the government. Though, if you transfer less but is suspicious, then they would still report it to the government.

I would strongly suggest you seek advice from a qualified professional, this is a serious matter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.