burns1

Packet Three help needed

3 posts in this topic

My fiancee in America received our NOA2 in Mid July, as she was on vacaton in England with me at that time she didnt send over the evidence of support (letter from employer and letter from bank) as well as the engagement ring receipt and the approved NOA2 until August 14th.

I'm guessing she had a complete brainwave when she sent it as she didnt get a tracking number or insurance or anything - just sent it 1st class from Phoenix Arizona to Manchester, England. But hey, its done now!

I checked the USPS website and they say it takes 6-10 business days to arrive. The 10th working business day should have been two days ago, and still nothing! Is this normal?

I guess my main worry is that it is now coming up to 6-8 weeks since the petition was approved and I am getting really anxious about sending all the paperwork off to the USA embassy in London. It won't "expire" in the mean time will it?

Secondly, am I able to send off packet 3 now, without the evidence of support and show that at the interview? It is all very confusing what is required.

Thanks

Also, my fiancee forgot to make copies of the NOA2 etc and just sent the originals.

If they dont show up how can I get proof of NOA2 being received?

did you get an online notification? if so print that and you might be able to use that as a replacement. Since it was sent in, you cant claim "never rec'd" so if you want a replacement you fill out form I-824 and they charge $345!!

yes, that is US dollars, not pesos or rupees :blink:

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.