sharo

What to do now?

2 posts in this topic

When we got our petition approval I wasn't ready for the immigrant visa part of the process. So I mailed in DS-230I and was waiting on sending in the DS-2001 until I was near enough ready. I needed to have my medical and get the support forms sorted out. Well the support forms are more or less ready to go now and I had my medical yesterday. I was planning on mailing out my DS-2001 today. However, as a result of my medical I have to go get an ECG done and have the results of that faxed to the Knightsbridge doctors. So now my question is do I wait on finding out when I'll get an appointment for an ECG or just mail in the DS-2001 now? I mean in theory they can approve my visa pending medical results right?

What would you do?

Sharon

Applying for visa second time around. Originally moved to US 2002 on a K1 visa. Married Aug 2002 lived there 6 years then moved back to the UK with USC husband and kids. However, we're now looking at moving back, so we're doing the whole visa thing AGAIN.

July 20, 2009 - Mailed I-130 - The waiting begins!!

July 24, 2009 - File date

July 27, 2009 - Credit card charged

Aug 8, 2009 - Email petition receipt

Aug 20, 2009 - I-130 approved

Aug 24, 2009 - Mailed I-407 Abandonment of LPR status

Aug 27, 2009 - Packet 3 Received

Sep 7, 2009 - Mailed DS-230I

Oct 5, 2009 - Medical

Oct 12, 2009 - Mailed DS-2001

Nov 6, 2009 - Received Packet 4/Interview date

**Visa approved Nov 30**

When we got our petition approval I wasn't ready for the immigrant visa part of the process. So I mailed in DS-230I and was waiting on sending in the DS-2001 until I was near enough ready. I needed to have my medical and get the support forms sorted out. Well the support forms are more or less ready to go now and I had my medical yesterday. I was planning on mailing out my DS-2001 today. However, as a result of my medical I have to go get an ECG done and have the results of that faxed to the Knightsbridge doctors. So now my question is do I wait on finding out when I'll get an appointment for an ECG or just mail in the DS-2001 now? I mean in theory they can approve my visa pending medical results right?

What would you do?

Something similar happened to us. I sent our packet 3 (DS-2301) in straight after I made his medical appointment and then at the appointment he needed 2 vaccinations, everything else was fine. They said to fax the form they gave to us, with evidence of the vaccinations - I work just around the corner from Knightsbridge so I dropped it off - didn't trust the fax machine!

His GP is not in London - its back where he grew up, so he got the quickest appointment he could and we still had to wait a while for the actual interview. In fact it was almost a month from sending packet 3 in, till we got our interview date. I would send it in. If worse comes to worse you can just change your interview date.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Married in USA - 24 April 2009

I-130 Sent - 22 June 2009

Petition received and payment taken - 26 June 2009

NOA1 received - 13 July 2009

NOA2 received - 28 July 2009

Packet 3 received - 3 August 2009

Medical booked - 20 August 2009

Packet 3 returned - 6 August 2009

Medical booked for 20 August 2009 - complete pending blood test results

Interview - 14 September - We've been approved!! We've got the visa!!

Tickets booked! Moving on 26 December! Can't wait!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.