3 posts in this topic

Hello you guys,

It's been a while. I never got back to this site in 2 years. I got my greencard and everything. Now, this coming aug. or sept. I have to remove the conditional residency. How long does it take to get your new greencard after you applied? Is it going to be 10 years right away?

Edited by sweetcouples

Hi sweetcouples,

:time: It will help others to answer your question better by knowing where you stand. Yes one has to apply to remove condition for 2 Yr. Conditional GC. You can apply 90 days prior to the expiration of 2 Yr GC. E.g. GC expires 04-01-09. so 90 days will be around 01-01-09. Apply any time within this window and before the expiration of GC.

Few have recently applied after expiration of GC, but there's a limitation 60 days and it's totally on discretion of

the Immigration Officer to approve your case or not and you have to provide very very and valid reason for the late filing.

I wouldn't encourage that. Better be safe with USCIS then sorry. If you gonna apply late do apply at least 50-60 days prior to the expiration of GC, to give yourself time to get the NOA (Notice Of action, also called I-797C which is receipt plus extension of work and stay for 1 year while your case is processing).

Read the VJ guides and the instruction for I-751 ( which is under forms section of USCIS. google search USCIS 751 instructions)

For a complete list of douments for 751 read this thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=182620

Hope it helps. Like Len said the process take 4-6 months. Normally at California 3 months and at Vermont 4-5 months.

Good Luck.

Edited by Immigrant2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.