bmh

South African Police Report

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I have checked out the website that gives info on how to get the police records if you have spent more than 6 months in South Africa. My question is regarding the fingerprints. My fiance' lives in the UK & the local PD doesn't do fingerprints unless they're arresting you... and well, we just don't want to go that route :). So in part of the South African info page it talks about getting fingerprints... and then another part it talks about having a relative or friend in South Africa apply for your record on your behalf... if they do that, I'm assuming the friend / relative doesn't have your fingerprints... so :

1) Does he have to get his fingerprints taken & send those via courier to South Africa?

2) If so, where in the UK can he get that done since the local PD won't do it?

Thanks for your help...

-B

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

If applying from the UK:

All of the following information must be supplied as part of an application for a SAPS Clearance Certificate from the UK:

Full names of applicant (including any previous names and maiden names used)

Current Address

Date of Birth

Place of Birth

South Africa Identity Number (if applicable)

Current date

Full set of fingerprints (official taking the fingerprints full particulars and signature must appear on the fingerprint form)

The application must be submitted and signed by the subject of the certificate.

Completed applications (including original fingerprints) can be should be sent by courier service to our physical address:

Criminal Record Centre

South African Police Service

Police Clearance Certificates

Sanlam Plaza West Building

271 Schoeman Street

PRETORIA 0001

SOUTH AFRICA

Our K1 Journey Timeline

06.00.1998 - Met Online

12.22.2008 - I-129F received by VSC

12.22.2008 - NOA1 issued

04.08.2009 - NOA2 in 107 days - Igors List #174

04.14.2009 - NVC sent to Consulate in South Africa

04.29.2009 - Consulate received

05.04.2009 - Packet #3 received

05.08.2009 - Packet #4 received

05.14.2009 - Medical - Passed

06.22.2009 - Interview - APPROVED

06.29.2009 - Visa in hand

08.06.2009 - POE - Boston

08.22.2009 - Returned to South Africa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
So I have checked out the website that gives info on how to get the police records if you have spent more than 6 months in South Africa. My question is regarding the fingerprints. My fiance' lives in the UK & the local PD doesn't do fingerprints unless they're arresting you... and well, we just don't want to go that route :). So in part of the South African info page it talks about getting fingerprints... and then another part it talks about having a relative or friend in South Africa apply for your record on your behalf... if they do that, I'm assuming the friend / relative doesn't have your fingerprints... so :

1) Does he have to get his fingerprints taken & send those via courier to South Africa?

2) If so, where in the UK can he get that done since the local PD won't do it?

Thanks for your help...

-B

event.png

My fiance also had to get his fingerprints in the UK. If I recall correctly, it was a big hassle being sent from one station to the next. It cost about 20 pounds and he eventually did get to a station that would do it (St Leonard's in Edinburgh, I believe...in case you're in Edinburgh). But you definitely do need those fingerprints. Try another PD.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.