shadow42

POE Stamp going to expire

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey there, Im in a big bind. I came to Tampa getting the temp EAD stamp at POE and luckily found a job in Tampa.

However I couldn't file my AOS and EAD stuff because I had to wait for a duplicate NOA2 for my I-129F. Even though I filed a request and paid an extra $340 for the duplicate approval they took forever and I finally got it in March 2008 (took three months just to send the duplicate).

Now I am filing for AOS and worried that I will have to stop working due to my I-94 expiring on 5th May 2008.

Anyone any ideas ? would an infopass appointment help at all ? anyone ?

I really don't want (and can't afford) to stop working again for any length of time as I am our only income.

I really need the EAD..... :unsure:

thanks for any advice

10/16/2007 Received revised RFE pack however pack still incomplete **

433.gif

804.gif

02/05/2008 flew to JFK then onto Tampa (received EAD 90 days at JFK)

02/11/2008 applied for marriage license

02/14/2008 marriage ceremony

03/27/2008 sent application for AOS and 1 year EAD

03/29/2008 AOS and EAD Applications arrived at Chicago

04/03/2008 AOS and EAD NOA 1 Mailed

04/07/2008 AOS and EAD NOA 1 received in mail

04/07/2008 AOS and EAD touched and eneterd onto online system

04/11/2008 received bio appt for 05/06/08 at 11am

04/11/2008 National Center agreed to review reasons to expedite EAD

04/21/2008 *touched*

05/06/2008 Attended bio successfully

05/18/2008 received RFE for I-485

08/09/2008 mailed back RFE details

08/21/2008 phoned USCIS about I-765 being over 90 days - they hung up on me

*** 05/05/08 Times up for temporary EAD ***

Shadow 42.

Look here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117430

I thought I had to stop working too, now my EAD was approved on FRI and I asked q in this forum, u&Dan gave me the form to read saying i ll have to wait for the card. I read the form I-9 and it says - section 2, if i dont have work permit i must present receipt of application for that - original NOA1 and actual document within 90 days (u ll get or u should get NOA2 within 90 days) so I found out I didnt have to quit the job!!! :angry: I m working again from today, for my mother in law, she understand our situation but I believe there will be many employers not willing to do that and employ u (or continue employing) just with NOA1, print I-9 and take it with u. Good luck! :thumbs:

Yes, it sucks here without 2nd income!

MARRIED Dec 22, 2007

AOS

Jan 10, 2008 - AOS/EAD/AP Submitted to Chicago

Jan 16, 2008 - AOS/EAD/AP Notice of Action 3x

Feb 1, 2008 - AOS Transfer to California

Feb 23, 2008 - received NOA for BIO App.

March 5, 2008 - AP I-131 - approval sent

March 11, 2008 - AP received with wrong date of birth

March 12, 2008 - applying again for AP

March 18, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment Tampa (for I-485 & I-765)

March 21, 2008 - EAD Card Production Ordered

March 25, 2008 - EAD Approval Notice sent

April 23, 2008 - AOS Card Production Ordered

April 23, 2008 - Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

April 29, 2008 - Received GREEN CARD

Sept 21, 2009 - Divorce

Dec 9, 2009 - I left USA to go back home

Shadow 42.

Look here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117430

I thought I had to stop working too, now my EAD was approved on FRI and I asked q in this forum, u&Dan gave me the form to read saying i ll have to wait for the card. I read the form I-9 and it says - section 2, if i dont have work permit i must present receipt of application for that - original NOA1 and actual document within 90 days (u ll get or u should get NOA2 within 90 days) so I found out I didnt have to quit the job!!! :angry: I m working again from today, for my mother in law, she understand our situation but I believe there will be many employers not willing to do that and employ u (or continue employing) just with NOA1, print I-9 and take it with u. Good luck! :thumbs:

Yes, it sucks here without 2nd income!

That is not how it works. Presenting the receipt in 3 days and producing a card in 90 days is very clearly written out that it is for replacement cards ie: due to being lost or stolen - NOT a first time filing.

That said - I am going to split this conversation to the EAD forum. General musing and discussion regarding this local office is great and on topic, however specfic questions regarding processes should be in their own thread.

Filed: Timeline

As said before.... showing the NOA for an EAD application is only applicable if it is for a replacement card.... if you have filled for the EAD along with your AOS Catagory C9 then you are not authorized to undertake employment until that has been approved and you have the card to show an employer when completing the I-9 form...

Your 90 day temp EAD is just that a temp EAD that lasts for 90 days... then you are not authorized to work....

Kez

Edited by Kezzie

Ok, Kezzie, thank u. Yes, u r right but it sucks these laws! I was ready for work this morning, and decided to wait and call USCIS at 9 to hear that bad news from them. Talked to a nice man and he said the same - yes, even when I was approved (my EAD and card is on the way) I have to wait until it actually arrives to our mail box. ok, the garden is done, so maybe another boring day at home, coz its too cold to go to the beach, hm...few more days.

Thanks again for clarification.

MARRIED Dec 22, 2007

AOS

Jan 10, 2008 - AOS/EAD/AP Submitted to Chicago

Jan 16, 2008 - AOS/EAD/AP Notice of Action 3x

Feb 1, 2008 - AOS Transfer to California

Feb 23, 2008 - received NOA for BIO App.

March 5, 2008 - AP I-131 - approval sent

March 11, 2008 - AP received with wrong date of birth

March 12, 2008 - applying again for AP

March 18, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment Tampa (for I-485 & I-765)

March 21, 2008 - EAD Card Production Ordered

March 25, 2008 - EAD Approval Notice sent

April 23, 2008 - AOS Card Production Ordered

April 23, 2008 - Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

April 29, 2008 - Received GREEN CARD

Sept 21, 2009 - Divorce

Dec 9, 2009 - I left USA to go back home

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

THanks fpr the input and advice everyone. It is helpful, but just a further thought; given that I am my families only income and have got a job already is there any form to file to speed up the EAD card at aleast on some sort of humanitarian level so we don't starve to death :unsure:

Surely I can't be the only one who is the only income for my family and who doesn't have savings to keep me going in the meantime. There must be something to speed it up ?? isn't there ??

Please help thank you

10/16/2007 Received revised RFE pack however pack still incomplete **

433.gif

804.gif

02/05/2008 flew to JFK then onto Tampa (received EAD 90 days at JFK)

02/11/2008 applied for marriage license

02/14/2008 marriage ceremony

03/27/2008 sent application for AOS and 1 year EAD

03/29/2008 AOS and EAD Applications arrived at Chicago

04/03/2008 AOS and EAD NOA 1 Mailed

04/07/2008 AOS and EAD NOA 1 received in mail

04/07/2008 AOS and EAD touched and eneterd onto online system

04/11/2008 received bio appt for 05/06/08 at 11am

04/11/2008 National Center agreed to review reasons to expedite EAD

04/21/2008 *touched*

05/06/2008 Attended bio successfully

05/18/2008 received RFE for I-485

08/09/2008 mailed back RFE details

08/21/2008 phoned USCIS about I-765 being over 90 days - they hung up on me

*** 05/05/08 Times up for temporary EAD ***

Filed: Timeline
THanks fpr the input and advice everyone. It is helpful, but just a further thought; given that I am my families only income and have got a job already is there any form to file to speed up the EAD card at aleast on some sort of humanitarian level so we don't starve to death :unsure:

Surely I can't be the only one who is the only income for my family and who doesn't have savings to keep me going in the meantime. There must be something to speed it up ?? isn't there ??

Please help thank you

I am sad to say there is no way of speeding up the process, it takes between 60 and 90 days to get the approved EAD....

It is really up to your employer if they question you about your continued employment, some do some dont... it is the employer that is taken the risk not you.... as you are married to a USC any unauthorized work is forgiven.... so it really is up to you whether you remind your employer that your EAD stamp is about to expire or not....

Hope this helps

Kez

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.