Wendy-Henry

Visa Instructions for Fiance Nonimmigrant Visa Applicants

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

"Good morning Wendy. Today, USA Ambassy post paper for me. Maximum work, inside 13 big paper. I Love you, mine perfect super wife, love story Wendy-Henry. :-) <3"

That was the text message that I received on February 13, 2008 at 5:08 am from Henry my 'fiance' who is Czech and currently residing in Ireland.

Embassy of the United States of America: Dublin, Ireland

Visa Instructions for Fiance Nonimmigrant Visa Applicants

1st: DS-230

2nd: http://dublin.usembassy.gov DS-156 two copies

3rd: Obtain the following: Passport, Birth Certificate, Police Certificates, Court and Prison Records, Military Records, Photographs (2, 2x2), Marriage Certificates, Evidence of Support I-134, Medical Examination, Evidence of Relationship, Translations.

4th: Sign and return checklist to office

Now we are off and running to complete the check list. Hopefully it won't be to much longer.

July 27, 2007: I-129F Sent

August 23, 2007: I-797C/NOA1

August 26, 2007: Touched

August 27, 2007: I-797C/NOA1 Received

August 27, 2007: Check cleared for $170.00

August 30, 2007: Touched

January 7, 2008: Called USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375 – 5283

January 10, 2008: Touched

January 11, 2008: Touched

January 14, 2008: Received I-797/NOA2 Approved 1/10/08

January 31, 2008: Received Approval 1/28/08 from National Visa Center

February 13, 2008: Fiance received Packet 3 from US Embassy - Dublin Ireland

February 15, 2008: Fiance requested Irish Police Certificate from Guarda in Navan County Meath

February 18, 2008: Fiance receieved translated copy of Czech Police Certificate and Birth Certificate

February 19, 2008: Fiance had medical exam

February 19, 2008: Fiance received his Irish Police Certificate via AnPost

February 20, 2008: Fiance returned Packet 3 (DS-230, Checklist/Notification of Readiness) via AnPost

February 21, 2008: Fiance picked up medical exam results

February 29, 2008: Fiance received appointment notice Packet 4 for March 13, 2008 1:00 pm

March 10, 2008: Fiance purchased Irish postal money order for 94.32 Euro

March 13, 2008: Visa Interview 1:00 pm, told to return next day at 1:00 pm

March 14, 2008: K-1 Fiance Visa in hand! Yippee!

April 2, 2008: Dublin-Chicago-Denver on American Airlines! Arrived on time and no problems :-)

April 3, 2008: Legally married Denver, Colorado

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Police Certificates: Each Applicant aged 16 years or over is required to submit a police certificate from the police authorities of each locality of the country of the applicant's nationality or current residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of 16. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year. A police certificate must also be obtained fro the police authorities of any place where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of length of residence. Police certificates from certain countries are considered unobtainable.

Henry went to Guarda in Navan County Meath to request his certificate yesterday. He had attempted prior but due to his language barrier and the Guarda not understanding what he was asking for it was a frustrating experience for him but he was able to get the application sheet. Yesterday he called me from his cell and I spoke to the Guarda counter person. I told her that he was my fiance and we are applying for a non immigrant K-1 Fiance visa to the USA. He needed a police certificate/criminal background check. She said but he isn't Irish. Yes please look at the paper that he has with him and about middle of the way on the paper it states Police Certificates from every place that he has lived for at least 6 months. He has lived in Navan County Meath since 2006. She clarified where he was immigrating to and that he really needed this. Henry gave her his completed form and a self address stamped envelope and he was finished.

I have no idea how long it will take them to do his report. I'm glad they didn't send him off to Dublin or some other location. There was no charge for this certificate.

Henry had already ordered his Czech Police Certificate prior to the receipt of Packet 3 from the Czech Embassy in Dublin. His report was completed in less than 1 month. It will be ready from the translator on Monday.

I'd be happy to share any other information on the Packet or the Irish experience.

July 27, 2007: I-129F Sent

August 23, 2007: I-797C/NOA1

August 26, 2007: Touched

August 27, 2007: I-797C/NOA1 Received

August 27, 2007: Check cleared for $170.00

August 30, 2007: Touched

January 7, 2008: Called USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375 – 5283

January 10, 2008: Touched

January 11, 2008: Touched

January 14, 2008: Received I-797/NOA2 Approved 1/10/08

January 31, 2008: Received Approval 1/28/08 from National Visa Center

February 13, 2008: Fiance received Packet 3 from US Embassy - Dublin Ireland

February 15, 2008: Fiance requested Irish Police Certificate from Guarda in Navan County Meath

February 18, 2008: Fiance receieved translated copy of Czech Police Certificate and Birth Certificate

February 19, 2008: Fiance had medical exam

February 19, 2008: Fiance received his Irish Police Certificate via AnPost

February 20, 2008: Fiance returned Packet 3 (DS-230, Checklist/Notification of Readiness) via AnPost

February 21, 2008: Fiance picked up medical exam results

February 29, 2008: Fiance received appointment notice Packet 4 for March 13, 2008 1:00 pm

March 10, 2008: Fiance purchased Irish postal money order for 94.32 Euro

March 13, 2008: Visa Interview 1:00 pm, told to return next day at 1:00 pm

March 14, 2008: K-1 Fiance Visa in hand! Yippee!

April 2, 2008: Dublin-Chicago-Denver on American Airlines! Arrived on time and no problems :-)

April 3, 2008: Legally married Denver, Colorado

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.