jbgamer007

TN worker - I94 problem

1 post in this topic

In July 2016, I entered the US as a Canadian F-1 student, graduating the next year. I was issued an I94 showing my class of admission as F-1 with an "admit until" date of D/S. The record number of this I94 is XYZ.

In June 2017, I re-entered the US as a TN alien. I was issued an I-94 showing my class of admission as TN, with an "admit until" date of June 2020 (three years after initial entry). The record number of this I94 is ABC.

In November 2017, I flew home for a visit, and flew back. I got another I94 showing me as a TN, with a record number of CDE (since it's obviously different from the June one). 

On December 2 2017, I briefly drove to Windsor, Ontario to visit a friend. I came back on the same day, using the Nexus lane (my Nexus is linked to my TN, and this was done on the day of my TN interview). I had printed out my November I-94 and showed it to the officer as I crossed. This is where I have a problem - the new I-94 shows my class of admission as F-1, with an "admit until" date of D/S, and the record number is XYZ - exactly the same as the record number on my I-94 from over a year ago (I checked multiple times because I couldn't believe it)! There is no reason why a new I-94 should have the exact same record number as an old one. 

What should I do to get this corrected? Not sure if the officer at the border made a mistake or if the CBP server screwed up and is downloading the wrong info...

Edited by jbgamer007

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.