mhis82

N-400 interview while on Probation

4 posts in this topic

My discussion might benefit some other people. I filed for N400 last year and I was arrested for Initially convicted for DV Assault and battery 4. After hire attorney the conviction down to Harassment ( Physical Contact) No injury its misdomenour Class B punished with 90 days. My lawyer say its not CIMT offense so its not deportable or make me inadmissible.

Problem is I have citizenship interview next month in Nov. and my probation will be over next year in Feb 24 which I have a court date too.

I don't know if they will simple deny my application or just wait for my court outcome and wait. I have no prior criminal history or traffic violations.

This thing is freaking me out. But makes me good to that this is not CIMT offense.

9 minutes ago, f f said:

by law they can not approve your application while you are on probation.

it is thier choice if they chose to out right deny you or defer the approval until you are no longer on probation.

I am fine with if they wait till my probation is over, which is in 4 months, also I tried to reschedule my interview. They cancelled my interview and put me right back for next month. I was hoping if they delay my interview.

• 1 month later...

Had my interview last week, Decision can not be made due to i am on probation, My probation will end in 3 months. Dont know if officer will deny me or just wait till the probation is over.

Interview went well, Officer was very nice, He said i have to talk to a supervisor. Its been almost few days.

They know about my criminal conviction which is Harassment ( Physical Contact ) No inquiry. Only crime i ever committed in last 8 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.