ClaireGio84

DCF - London - I-130

5 posts in this topic

Hello, this is my first post here - we are both feeling pretty tense about starting this journey to say the least. 

Im Claire, British citizen. Been married to my USC husband for 4 years almost, married in Las Vegas. We have been living in Britain ever since. My husband works for a US Company here and has been offered a job back at head office which is in San Diego (woohoo!). 

Heres where i need help. They want him out there within 90 days. Our second baby is due in July, we already have a toddler (thankfully we already have his US passport). 

Are we looking at a significant period of separation here? We intend to file as soon as he gets an official offer. At a push, I could go out there heavily pregnant and give birth in San Diego. But I know these things take time. I have a flight booked to Houston on 2nd May to see family, i already am pushing it at that (31 weeks). I just cannot imagine being here in Manchester, with two small kids, alone trying to navigate this immigration business. None of us know what is best and if baby 2 is born in the U.K, that's another US EmbAssy appointment we will both need to attend. Not to mention if I have to attend the main interview alone with two babies ? He can't really delay the job by much. 

So so what would others do in this situation? Can we file now with no US address in mind (we could use his brothers house in SD - would this be acceptable?). He doesn't have an official offer yet but it will come. He is still technically employed by the U.K. division of his company. Is anything stopping us from filing right now to get things moving? 

I will appreciate any advice people have. We've contacted a lawyer this evening - Maybe they could take some of the stress away. 

Many thanks - Claire 

Thanks piff! 

3 months is gonna be tough without daddy ? But we will have to manage. Do you see any other options in our situation? Typical bad timing - this always happens to us! Hoping he will get offer through early And we can get out there and have baby there - fingers crossed. 

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, ClaireGio84 said:

Thanks piff! 

3 months is gonna be tough without daddy ? But we will have to manage. Do you see any other options in our situation? Typical bad timing - this always happens to us! Hoping he will get offer through early And we can get out there and have baby there - fingers crossed. 

If you already applied and he hasn't left yet, will be less time separated :) that will be the only option in your case, unfortunately. You could travel on WWP and come back but there is a chance to be denied at POE. I know people who traveled with pending I-130s. 

That's good to know. I didn't know I could travel while the application was pending. We actually applied for a fiancé visa a few years ago which was eventually withdrawn and I travelled a couple of times then with no problem. Feeling a bit better about it already. Thank you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.