6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

i had my interview today at Abu Dhabi embassy. I went to the window where the CO pulled my file. Then I waited to go in a room where the CO went through the file and asked basic questions. After checking all the documents handed me a white sheet with case number and website link to check the status. Passport was returned along with it. I have been through an extensive AP when I applied for my non immigrant visa in 2013.

Handing back the passport is a sign that my AP will take longer? What is an average wait time? Will my 2013 AP help to decrease the time required for this time around? Will appreciate if someone can share their experience and thoughts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

my fiancé's passport was returned to him but I don't think it is a sign that it will take longer or shorter time. Some USE take the passport. Some do not. It's an individual cases. I'm not sure how long your second AP will be. Hopefully, not that long. We are here for you ?.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

sorry, my fiance had his interview in Colombo Sri Lanka. But we have been on Administrative Review for 6 months. Tough embassy. Hopefully someone can help you with your questions. I was just being supportive.? Keep us updated.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I had my Interview in Abu dhabi 10 month ago on June and i am still in AP, (I am not in Cr1 or K1 visa, mine is Family immigration)   No one knows how it will takes. please let us know if you had an update... 

they gave me my passport back cause I need to go back to my country, Don't worry about the pass back, its not important. Just hope you will get your visa soon. waiting is so hard. I know some one who waits of a year on AP and still nothing. 

Edited by Sata

20 minutes ago, Sata said:

I had my Interview in Abu dhabi 10 month ago on June and i am still in AP, (I am not in Cr1 or K1 visa, mine is Family immigration)   No one knows how it will takes. please let us know if you had an update... 

they gave me my passport back cause I need to go back to my country, Don't worry about the pass back, its not important. Just hope you will get your visa soon. waiting is so hard. I know some one who waits of a year on AP and still nothing. 

Wowww!! 10 months is a long time. I hope this wait is over soon for you. Good luck!

i am on day 1 only but will keep you updated. I had AP for a year when I applied for my B1/B2 in 2013. Nothing much has changed in personal circumstances so I am hopeful this time around it's quicker. Fingers crossed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.