Rosag13

Visa status check says ready

12 posts in this topic

I called the NVC and was told that our case was mailed out to the embassy (Santo Domingo) I was given an NVC# and an invoice #. I received a hard copy in the mail from NVC that our file has been sent to the embassy and this morning I the petitioner received an email from the embassy stating the following: This office is pleased to inform you that you can start the process of your fiancé/fiancée, K visa, application. Starting in January 1st, 2015, most of the K visas (fiancé/fiancée) will need to make two appointments, to visit the Visa Application Center (VAC) and the Consular Section. Please visit the following links to get more information about the process: So does this mean that we can start the ds-160 form and schedule interview and do the medical and fingerprints? I don't know what you guys mean by packet#3 received and sent and packet #4 sent? What does packet #3 consist of and what needs to be sent and also packet#4? My other question is when medical is done can we do the fingerprints the same day as the medical since this has to be all completed in Santo Domingo? I'm assuming the appointment for the NVC is to get the fingerprints done, do they also take your picture there. This can be a bit confusing because the email that we received from the embassy has you go to this link: http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/iv-required_documents.html and this is just telling us what to do and what documents to bring. Is this all the information that we are suppose to receive until our interview? Thanks again

On 12/29/2016 at 1:13 AM, Rosag13 said:

I called the NVC and was told that our case was mailed out to the embassy (Santo Domingo) I was given an NVC# and an invoice #. I received a hard copy in the mail from NVC that our file has been sent to the embassy and this morning I the petitioner received an email from the embassy stating the following: This office is pleased to inform you that you can start the process of your fiancé/fiancée, K visa, application. Starting in January 1st, 2015, most of the K visas (fiancé/fiancée) will need to make two appointments, to visit the Visa Application Center (VAC) and the Consular Section. Please visit the following links to get more information about the process: So does this mean that we can start the ds-160 form and schedule interview and do the medical and fingerprints? I don't know what you guys mean by packet#3 received and sent and packet #4 sent? What does packet #3 consist of and what needs to be sent and also packet#4? My other question is when medical is done can we do the fingerprints the same day as the medical since this has to be all completed in Santo Domingo? I'm assuming the appointment for the NVC is to get the fingerprints done, do they also take your picture there. This can be a bit confusing because the email that we received from the embassy has you go to this link: http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/iv-required_documents.html and this is just telling us what to do and what documents to bring. Is this all the information that we are suppose to receive until our interview? Thanks again

1.  After you receive notice that your case is ready for scheduling, fill out the DS-160 application form online at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/. You must answer all the questions.  If your children are applying for a visa with you, each one must completely fill out the DS-160 form online. You must present the print out of the confirmation page, which contains a series of bar codes, and present this confirmation sheet at the VAC and the Embassy on the day of the interview.   We suggest you keep a record of the Application ID displayed on the top right-hand corner of the page in the event you need to access your profile.

2. You need to create your profile/electronic account at ww.ustraveldocs.com/do. After completing your profile, choosing a delivery location, and selecting the correct visa class, you will be directed to a confirmation page that lists the visa fee amount due.  

3.  Pay the K visa application fee, the equivalent of US$265 in Dominican pesos, online with a credit card or at any branch of Banco Popular in the Dominican Republic. This one-time fee covers appointment scheduling, client support, and delivery services. If you are unable to pay in person at a Banco Popular branch in the Dominican Republic, a friend, relative, or representative may go to Banco Popular and pay in your stead with a copy of your CGI deposit slip. No other documentation is required.   

4.  Finally, return to the website at www.ustraveldocs.com/do to schedule your appointments at the VAC and Embassy. You will first select a day and time for your Embassy interview. You will then select a day and time to visit the VAC prior to your interview.

We scheduled our interview and the appointment for the NVC but I was not sure if I was suppose to get a hard copy letter in the mail or not. All I receieved was an email from the embassy stating the following:This office is pleased to inform you that you can start the process of your fiancé/fiancée, K visa, application.  Starting in January 1st, 2015, most of the K visas (fiancé/fiancée) will need to make two appointments, to visit the Visa Application Center (VAC) and the Consular Section. Please visit the following links to get more information about the process. Another words is that all I'm suppose to get? based off this email, we just scheduled our interview. 

28 minutes ago, Rosag13 said:

We scheduled our interview and the appointment for the NVC but I was not sure if I was suppose to get a hard copy letter in the mail or not. All I receieved was an email from the embassy stating the following:This office is pleased to inform you that you can start the process of your fiancé/fiancée, K visa, application.  Starting in January 1st, 2015, most of the K visas (fiancé/fiancée) will need to make two appointments, to visit the Visa Application Center (VAC) and the Consular Section. Please visit the following links to get more information about the process. Another words is that all I'm suppose to get? based off this email, we just scheduled our interview. 

28 minutes ago, Rosag13 said:

you are ok if you already schedule the interview, what that means is your case is already in santo domingo. you won't get a hard copy, make sure you take all required documents and photo album. I was ask for more pictures after the officer check them she gave us the magic word. =), i134 might not be ask for but make sure you take it along , birth certificates, divorce papers, police record, passport, medical record from the clinic, letter of intent to married  for you and fiancé with new dates and make sure all your paper are translated. 

Did you made the appointment for fingerprint and have you done the medical?

Edited by Toxiichoney

55 minutes ago, Rosag13 said:

We scheduled our interview and the appointment for the NVC but I was not sure if I was suppose to get a hard copy letter in the mail or not. 

We had never received an email from the embassy, but a hard copy did come in the mail, about a month after my fiancé arrived in the U.S.

You hadn't mentioned scheduling your medical. You need to have that completed at least a full week before your interview, as it takes the clinic a week to prepare the medical packet that you pick up from the clinic and take to the interview.

I'm the Petitioner, she's the loud Dominican :rolleyes:

09/16/15 - I-129F mailed via USPS Priority Mail

09/18/15 - I-129F delivered to Dallas P.O. Box

09/24/15 - USCIS check cleared

09/24/15 - NOA1 E-Notification received

09/29/15 - NOA1 Hard copy received from CSC (dated 09/23/15)

10/23/15 - NOA2 E-Notification received

10/29/15 - NOA2 Hard copy received (dated 10/23/15)

11/05/15 - NVC Received case

11/24/15 - Consulate received

12/14/15 - Interview - Approved!!

12/15/15 - Administrative Processing

12/16/15 - Visa Issued

12/18/15 - Passport and Visa in hand!!!

12/20/15 - In U.S. - Point of Entry Newark, NJ, then to Chicago, IL

02/19/16 - Married!

waiting...

The medical, you don't need an appointment for in Santo Domingo. You just have to show up at the clinic when they open. We have the NVC appointment scheduled on January 19 so he will go do the medical that same day in the morning. Where does he go for a medical certificate in the Dominican? Is that something you attain the same day or do you have to wait? Just trying to get all this together in time for the interview. So I'm guessing there is no packet 3 or a 4? 

48 minutes ago, Rosag13 said:

The medical, you don't need an appointment for in Santo Domingo. You just have to show up at the clinic when they open. We have the NVC appointment scheduled on January 19 so he will go do the medical that same day in the morning. Where does he go for a medical certificate in the Dominican? Is that something you attain the same day or do you have to wait? Just trying to get all this together in time for the interview. So I'm guessing there is no packet 3 or a 4? 

no medical certificate needed just the medical you will have at the clinic along with your vaccines which are optional but i recommend having everything done in the clinic. no packet 3 or 4 at least i never got you just the email you got. medical need to be done before you go to your embassy interview. my fiancé did his the same day as his VAC apt which was 2 weeks before interview.

I'm sorry I meant police certificate not medical certificate. Where do you go for that and is that something you get on the same day or does it take days to get that certificate? Also that link that was provided to me from the email from the embassy it states to bring the I-864 affidavit support but then I also have read something about I-134 which is also an affidavit support. Which one needs to be completed or are both needed? 

36 minutes ago, Rosag13 said:

I'm sorry I meant police certificate not medical certificate. Where do you go for that and is that something you get on the same day or does it take days to get that certificate? Also that link that was provided to me from the email from the embassy it states to bring the I-864 affidavit support but then I also have read something about I-134 which is also an affidavit support. Which one needs to be completed or are both needed? 

he needs to go to the secretaria general de  ministro publico in his city and is given the same day, you need to take i134, i wasn't even ask for i134 but i took it just in case, i864 is to be used once you adjust status which is later on once your fiancé get here.

16 hours ago, Rosag13 said:

The medical, you don't need an appointment for in Santo Domingo. You just have to show up at the clinic when they open. 

Yeah, I didn't mean to say schedule, I meant more to make sure you do it far enough in advance to be able to get the results before the interview. I read of people doing it the same day as the VAC, but the day my fiancé did her medical she was there 90 minutes before they opened and she was already like number 60 for the day, and wasn't out until around 2:00pm. So just make sure your VAC appointment is late enough in the day to allow some time.

12/16/15 - Visa Issued

02/19/16 - Married!

waiting...

He has his appointment scheduled at the NVC for 3:30. I hope that's enough time to do the medical and get to his appointment for the fingerprints by 3:30. Do you know what the fee is for the medical? I know the website says 275.00 but does that include the vaccinations or is there a separate charge for the vaccines.

The vaccinations are an additional charge, it varies depending on what you get, but I think ours was somewhere around $110 if I'm not mistaken. I will check when I get a chance, and update you if I'm way off on that number.

12/16/15 - Visa Issued

02/19/16 - Married!

waiting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.