cyntek

In-laws failed their interview for tourist visa to US.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My in-laws were supposed to get their visa to come to america from Vietnam to see our newborn baby and be a part of our wedding plans this year. But that all went to ######, when they called to tell me they failed their visa interview.

To make a long story short, i offered to pay for an immigration lawyer to take care of their paperwork. My in-laws said they knew of someone who could take care of it for them. So i let them take care of it. The only thing my in-laws' "guy" from Vietnam said we needed to provide was a letter inviting them to America and for whatever reasons. Personally I thought it was too little. So, I sent them my tax forms, my pay stub, and a letter and that proof of support document. So they received the docs and proceeded with their interview. This vietnamese contact of theirs, basically bullshitted the submissions documents and made it seem like my in-laws were poor people who owned a business, who made 600USD monthly and paid out their employees 600USD monthly. See where the red flags are? My in-laws are hard working blue collard folks who thought and trusted this scammer, so they didnt feel the need to review the documentation as their english is pretty much non-existent. I've heard that the second time they try to interview, their chances of passing are slim to none. And i can understand why.

So, this idiot scam artist from vietnam, gave back half the money they paid out of "remorse". Now, I was hoping to get an immigration lawyer here to do it the CORRECT wat. Anyone have experience with a similar situation? Any advice? Bc I can't have my wedding without them...........

My plan was to gather up all the documentation from this scammer, and do it the right way with MY lawyer. My in-laws can prove their business, home owner, bike and car owners, and have all their immediately family in Vietnam. What I am afraid of, is the embassy will think they tried to scam their way into the US when really it wasn't really their fault. I know the consulate won't buy that story even if I were to show up there face to face and tell them the situation.

I appreciate all advice.

Thank you so much!

My in-laws were supposed to get their visa to come to america from Vietnam to see our newborn baby and be a part of our wedding plans this year. But that all went to ######, when they called to tell me they failed their visa interview.

To make a long story short, i offered to pay for an immigration lawyer to take care of their paperwork. My in-laws said they knew of someone who could take care of it for them. So i let them take care of it. The only thing my in-laws' "guy" from Vietnam said we needed to provide was a letter inviting them to America and for whatever reasons. Personally I thought it was too little. So, I sent them my tax forms, my pay stub, and a letter and that proof of support document. So they received the docs and proceeded with their interview. This vietnamese contact of theirs, basically bullshitted the submissions documents and made it seem like my in-laws were poor people who owned a business, who made 600USD monthly and paid out their employees 600USD monthly. See where the red flags are? My in-laws are hard working blue collard folks who thought and trusted this scammer, so they didnt feel the need to review the documentation as their english is pretty much non-existent. I've heard that the second time they try to interview, their chances of passing are slim to none. And i can understand why.

So, this idiot scam artist from vietnam, gave back half the money they paid out of "remorse". Now, I was hoping to get an immigration lawyer here to do it the CORRECT wat. Anyone have experience with a similar situation? Any advice? Bc I can't have my wedding without them...........

My plan was to gather up all the documentation from this scammer, and do it the right way with MY lawyer. My in-laws can prove their business, home owner, bike and car owners, and have all their immediately family in Vietnam. What I am afraid of, is the embassy will think they tried to scam their way into the US when really it wasn't really their fault. I know the consulate won't buy that story even if I were to show up there face to face and tell them the situation.

I appreciate all advice.

Thank you so much!

you are wasting your money with lawyers. they can't help your case. To be honest, the scammer knew that the probability of your in-laws being granted visas on their own merits were slim (or close to zero) thus he created this image that they own a business making money to help their application. The majority of the decision to grant visas are made before you even set foot in the room. Only if they plan to reject you do the hard questions start coming or the demands for paperwork. I suggest you save the money and apply again in two year's time.

Filed: Timeline

To give you all more background, my in-laws do own their own business in printing, and their income is more significantly sufficient than the 600 USD that this person listed. I spoke to this person, and his process of geting people over, is by making people seem poor and #######. He even told my in-laws to wear country ### clothing. Those were all red flags for me. But I know they signed the application without reviewing it and that is unfortunate. I understand why they signed it without reviewing it, because their english is very sub-par and they put trust into this gentlemen. i dont think they understood completely what they were signing.

So question: Why do you suggest waiting two years? Is that a general rule of thumb?

Thank you for your replies and advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.