Marc and Olga

One happy camper!

1 post in this topic

I think IF I were the non-USC, I would place thing in the "Moving here and your new life in America" section. I am the USC and discovered this drink in Russia during my visit to Olga!

It is a drink made by a Korean company called Milkis.

It is 1 of the MANY things I miss from my trip to Russia, certainly not the thing I miss MOST, but a distant second! ;)

After months of being determined I would never find it here in the USA, I searched the internet for an option to buy it online...with no luck! :(

I did find an interesting photograph of a can which clearly stated:

Imported by Rhee Bros, Inc. Columbia, MD Korean Farms, Inc. Santa Fe Springs, CA.

So I searched locally all the oriental markets and shops I could find, but alas was disappointed! :(

Over the weekend one of my coworkers suggested a few shops I did not know of near (Come on all you military folk! ) Davis-Monthan AFB.

As I was driving towards the base, I noticed I HAD to turn or enter the base, which I cannot do...would love to see some of the planes though. :innocent:

So I quickly enter the left, left turn lane (there are 2 at this particular intersection) and made a u-turn.

As I proceeded away from the AFB, there it was, my last hope of my drink! :)

As I have been several times in the last week of looking, I was awestuck by the many different items, all with oriental script on them and I noticed a refrigerator. I saw Coca~cola, as well as many other recognizable beverages and a few I had only learned about over the last week (the strangest to me was an Aloe beverage, with bits of Aloe in it). :wacko:

Saddened by my seemingly futile search, I started for the door. Then I decided to make a second browsing of the fridge and there it was, NOT in the canned beverage but the bottle I remember from my flight back from Russia, where Olga's family presented me with a 1.5l bottle! : :dancing:

The nice lady behind the counter seemed shocked that I, an american could like it or had even tried it so I explained about my March trip to East Russia and my fiancee had told me to try this drink which I REALLY enjoyed! The lady seemed very surprised that either I had been to Russia OR that they had this Korean beverage IN Russia, I am not certain which. She informed me they ALWAYS have it in stock...I'm in heaven!

Now the BAD part, it's freeking $3.99 a bottle! :protest::angry:

I bought 4...this week! :lol:

Certainly I need to limit myself but I don't know, it is SOOOOOO good.

The market, is about 20 miles away from my house...opposite side of town! :(

Sorry for all the detail but I was trying to build to the conclusion! :lol:

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!