Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'cos'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion
    • K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures
    • IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures
    • Direct Consular Filing (DCF) General Discussion
    • Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America
    • Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America
    • What Visa Do I Need - Family Based Immigration
  • Non-Family Based US Visa Discussion
    • Tourist Visas
    • Work Visas
    • Student & Exchange Visitor Visas
    • Diversity Lottery Visas
    • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
  • Consulate & USCIS Service Center Discussion
    • National Visa Center (Dept of State)
    • US Embassy and Consulate Discussion
    • Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g)
    • USCIS Service Centers
  • US Visa Holder and Permanent Resident Immigration Discussion
    • Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from K1 and K3 Family Based Visas
    • Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas
    • Working & Traveling During US Immigration
    • Tax & Finances During US Immigration
    • Removing Conditions on Residency General Discussion
    • US Citizenship General Discussion
    • Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits
    • Military Immigration-Related Discussion
    • General Immigration-Related Discussion
  • General Discussion Area
    • Off Topic
    • Games While You Wait
    • Regional Discussion
    • Moving to the US and Your New Life In America
    • Finding Work in America
    • Emigrating Outside the US
    • Current Events and Hot Social Topics
    • Introducing our Members
    • General Polls
    • US Immigration News and Discussion
    • Site-Related Discussion - Updates, Ideas, etc.
  • Moderator and Organizer Forums (Hidden)


  • VisaJourney Endorsed Partners

Found 5 results

  1. My husband are filling application for me for AOS and what copies of ID he need beside his American citizen birth certificate to go in to my I-130 package?
  2. Hello guys! I submitted I-539 to change my status F1 to B2 because I am in the middle of lawsuit. I have a notice that USCIS received my application on 8/30/2017. I heard they usually make a decision within 3 months from the date I filed the case. Its been about 3 months and 2 weeks and I haven't heard from USCIS. How long can I stay in the US? I googled and everybody says different things. I am aware that B2 is only for 6 months (it means I have to leave the states within 6 months). Some people say I can stay in the US 'after' the date of USCIS approval, but some people say I have to leave 6 months 'from' the date I filed a case (in this case, I have to leave on Feburary because it will be 6 months from I submitted the form). Can you help me to understand this? Do I have to leave within 6 months from the date I submitted I-539? Also, if my case still pending until Feb(6 months from I submitted I-539), can I still stay in the US until USCIS make decision even if over the 6 month period? Lastly! B2 has 6 months. Is this 'from' the date of USCIS approval or date of filing of the case? Thank you in advance
  3. F1 to H4 (Visa stamping vs COS)

    Hello,I am from India, currently on H1B visa in the US (I-140 filed and approved). My fiancee is from Poland. She came to the US in 2014 on J1 Visa and in 2016 we changed her status to F1. We moved in together in 2016 (in a relationship from 2015) and have been living together from then. Now we are ready to take the next big step and get married. We are planning to do a simple court marriage in November with just two us and 2-3 close friends.With the research I did online I was able to find out that there are two ways to get her H4.1. Visa stamping in Poland (preferred by us personally): After marriage during Christmas we go to Poland which will allow us to spend some time with her family and take an H4 Visa appointment there.2. I-539 Change of Status (convenient): After the marriage, we can file for the change of status from F1 to H4 just like we did from F1 to J1 earlier with the required paperwork.We have the following questions:1. Is option 1 feasible or am I missing some legal details?2. Which one is the more preferred way to do this or is it a personal preference. One of my concern is that if we do visa stamping in Poland and for some reason, it gets denied then she will have no way to come back to the US since she doesn't have F1 visa stamp on her passport. With the change of status, we have a safety net of remaining in the US on F1 till our green card gets done.3. For H4 do we need to show proof of relationship which leads to marriage or just proof of marriage? If we need proof of relationship, our relationship existed way before we filed for J1 to F1. Should we show proof of that in our application since the F1 visa is non-immigrant and a relationship might be seen as an intent?Please advice.Thanks.
  4. I thought I was pretty well versed in family based visa processes but after reading some of the discussions here I am not so sure. Seems like it's an ever evolving process so I'm here looking for some up to date guidance I'm a US citizen and my prospective fiancee is from Thailand. She is currently here on a B1/B2 visa, She has lots of family here and her son attends high school here in the US. This is her 5th visit to the US so she clearly didn't come here with the intent to marry. She will return to Thailand at the end of the month. If we marry before she returns and apply for a change of status will she still be able to travel back and forth on her tourist visa while it is being processed? If we start the K1process can she still travel back and forth while it is being processed? What about the CR1 - I don't know a lot about it? Other ideas? So what is our best option? Thanks for any help! Mike