mirasevilla

Port of entry : Philippines

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guam
Timeline

Hi,

Please help me. I have my interview on October 8, and if all goes well and our application gets approved, I would like to go home to the Philippines first and stay there for about a week or two, and I will enter USA from there. Is that possible? Because I'm scared that the Immigration in the Philippines would not allow me to go through even if I have my K1 visa with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Point of Entry is USA. If you plan to go back home first thats possible! But just be careful with the immigration officer about their question even you have a K-1 visa already they still have a lot of questions. But as long as you have all the documents with you, I think you are safe.. By the way, Im a Filipina too, who plans to go back home first in Manila (from HK) once my K1 was approved. As of now we just got out NOA2 so still a long way to go.. Goodluck on your interview.

In the Philippines they said that after you get your visa you have to attend a seminar, I'm not sure if its like PDOS but similar. They will give you a certificate that you have attended the seminar. When you depart the immigration officer will ask for this certificate.

My advice is don't go back to the Philippines you might be hold in there and with the things going on with NAIA personnel right now who knows what else would they ask you, so I think it is safer if you would depart from the UAE. That is what I am going to do when all is well with my application :)

By the way Miss Mira, I am still on the process of scheduling my interview, can you please provide me some information.

1) I have already submitted my DS160 form. Where do I need to pay for the visa fee. Can I pay in the embassy on the interview date?

2) what are the requirements for medical exam? do you need to bring your original passport?

3) how long did it take you to get an interview schedule? are you allowed to choose the interview date?

I really appreciate your inputs

Thanks

Timeline

Hi mae,

Yeah I was thinking of the same. but you know our immigration system, even if you have all the documents, they still have their own reasoning :protest: . I have heard of the same stories that's why I'm a bit worried. Anyways, you'll get your approval soon :thumbs: Thank you and goodluck to you too. :)

Hi mae,

Yeah I was thinking of the same. but you know our immigration system, even if you have all the documents, they still have their own reasoning :protest: . I have heard of the same stories that's why I'm a bit worried. Anyways, you'll get your approval soon :thumbs: Thank you and goodluck to you too. :)

Timeline

In the Philippines they said that after you get your visa you have to attend a seminar, I'm not sure if its like PDOS but similar. They will give you a certificate that you have attended the seminar. When you depart the immigration officer will ask for this certificate.

My advice is don't go back to the Philippines you might be hold in there and with the things going on with NAIA personnel right now who knows what else would they ask you, so I think it is safer if you would depart from the UAE. That is what I am going to do when all is well with my application :)

By the way Miss Mira, I am still on the process of scheduling my interview, can you please provide me some information.

1) I have already submitted my DS160 form. Where do I need to pay for the visa fee. Can I pay in the embassy on the interview date?

2) what are the requirements for medical exam? do you need to bring your original passport?

3) how long did it take you to get an interview schedule? are you allowed to choose the interview date?

I really appreciate your inputs

Thanks

That is just so sad. Will I be able to go out of the airport if the flight i have, has a transit of 13 hours to the Philippines?

for your questions,

1. You need to pay in Empost. I paid mine in Hor Al Anz, Deira. for you to schedule your interview online. First you need to go to this site to register, https://usvisa-info.com/then print your confirmation page and pay in Empost.

2. Yes you need to bring your original passport, 5 passport photo size, DS-160 confirmation page and your interview schedule confirmation.

3. We submitted our application last June 30 and we had our NOA2 approval last August 29, received an email from Abu dhabi last September 3. I paid for my interview schedule last September 13 and i waited approximately 2 working days for the payment to be posted on their system, then I immediately scheduled my interview online based on the availability. My first interview date was on October 19 then I rescheduled it on October 8.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Our NOA2 was approved already 3days ago. Im just waiting for our case number.. So if everything goes well for me too, better to start here in Hongkong ?

Timeline

Our NOA2 was approved already 3days ago. Im just waiting for our case number.. So if everything goes well for me too, better to start here in Hongkong ?

Oh I see, So are you still planning on going home before going to USA?

Timeline

Upon reading this? Not anymore hahaha! I might go back before my interview schedule.

Hahahaha do you think they will allow me to go out of the airport if I have a transit flight? Is that possible?

Thank you for the reply Ms. Mira. We are still trying to get all the documents for the interview ready hopefully i will get all of them ready before the end of this week and I will be able to schedule my interview as well. Thanks for the inputs really appreciate it. I am staying in Hor Al Anz so it would be convenient for me to go to Empost. How much did you pay to the empost? Did you pay the full visa fee? and how much did you pay for the medical? I am planning to go to NMC for my medical.

If you will go out from the immigration then you are subject for security and immigration check when you come back to the airport. If I were you don't take the risk of going out because you never know what the immigration personnel will ask of you when you come back. Like Mae said even they you have all the documents they still have the power to retain you. I don't want to say anything bad about our immigration in the Philippines but I think its not worth taking the risk.

Thank you and good luck with your interview.

Mary

i was planning to go home too before going to the US but I don't want to take the risk of being retain in the airport just because the immigration is asking for additional documents that is not really needed for port of entry. I guess for the next 2 or 3yrs we'll just be contented with skype calls to our family back in the Philippines. when you get your green card then you can go home and not to worry about anything.

It is sad but the risk is too big to take :)

As for Mae good for you if you can go back home before the interview. If Dubai is only as near as Hongkong :) we could just fly out too and be in the Philippines in less than 3hrs!

Timeline

Thank you for the reply Ms. Mira. We are still trying to get all the documents for the interview ready hopefully i will get all of them ready before the end of this week and I will be able to schedule my interview as well. Thanks for the inputs really appreciate it. I am staying in Hor Al Anz so it would be convenient for me to go to Empost. How much did you pay to the empost? Did you pay the full visa fee? and how much did you pay for the medical? I am planning to go to NMC for my medical.

If you will go out from the immigration then you are subject for security and immigration check when you come back to the airport. If I were you don't take the risk of going out because you never know what the immigration personnel will ask of you when you come back. Like Mae said even they you have all the documents they still have the power to retain you. I don't want to say anything bad about our immigration in the Philippines but I think its not worth taking the risk.

Thank you and good luck with your interview.

Mary

Sad but true. I'll just probably stay inside the airport and wait for my flight. :crying::cry:

My advise is pay now so you can schedule your interview earlier and when you have your interview date you can gather all the necessary documents while waiting for the big day :). We paid 979 AED in Empost which is the full visa fee, you don't have to pay on the day of the interview. Yeah, I just finished my medical last Thursday in NMC Deira, it was 865 AED (525 for laboratory and 340 for the vaccination because I don't have my vaccination records with me).

Sad talaga at nakakaiyak pero ganun talaga kesa ma-detain ka masyado ng hassle kapag ganun.

Thanks sa inputs. just want to ask how long did the medical exam lasts? do they accept Friday appointment?

Timeline

Sad talaga at nakakaiyak pero ganun talaga kesa ma-detain ka masyado ng hassle kapag ganun.

Thanks sa inputs. just want to ask how long did the medical exam lasts? do they accept Friday appointment?

hahahaha oo nga. Im planning to see my parents outside the airport even just for few hours. It took half day for me to finish it. just come early because there are lots of people waiting for their appointments also. No, unfortunately, they don't have schedule on Fridays.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.