farzram

69 days since NOA2, K1 NVC does not have my petition

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi all,

I've been posting on other forums about my situation, but I am just so frustrated and scared at this point!

I Am the USC and filed the K1 petition in January with NOA1 of January 8th and got my NOA2 June 8th. I thought all was well and knew there was a bit of a delay getting to the NVC and it could take upto 6 weeks to get there.

So I was actively calling and my 6 weeks passed. I'm at 69 days (9weeks) now since my approval and my case is nowhere to be found. I knew some other VJ members in my situation but they eventually got there by their 6-7 weeks was up. I'm still waiting and just so confused.

I called USCIS and spoke to a tier 2- who said they have no way of looking up WHEN my case was sent on what date to NVC because after approval those things don't show up in their system anymore. I don't really believe this as I've seen other VJ members get a specific date from a tier 2 and they eventually got there at a decent time frame afterwards. They told me NOT to call back anymore and give it upto 90 days then I can call.

I called NVC and after my 6 weeks they just keep telling me to email NVCresearch (which I have) and they respond back with- we don't have your petition and contacted USCIS to respond and will let you know. I don't get why it takes 3 weeks for them to respond about a location of a petition approved so long ago.

So, I got my senators office involved- they also contacted NVC and USCIS. USCIS was contacted July 27th and thy told my senators office they couldn't give them an answer until 30 days later. Which will be August 27th.

I've also emailed the obudsman, csc email, scopscatta everything I could find. I feel really hopeless and not one was answered.

Just wondering everyone's honest opinion- do you think my petition is lost? Could it have been sent to the wrong office or something? When will they be able to find out they made a mistake if it is indeed lost- and when will they be able to locate it and send it out?

Does anyone think that if I'm not there by 90 days they will ACTUALLY take me seriously and take action to process getting the petition to NVC quickly? Is there anything else I can do?

I guess I'm sorta venting and just looking for some opinions on what you guys think happened and how much longer do you THINK I'll have to wait, even if I go past the 90 days. I don't want it to take another 30-60 days again after they locate it. It's really taking such a toll on me and I don't know what to do because I'm thinking its lost and I'm going to get delayed for months more.

Any opinions or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i guess your file missplaced or lost somewhere just keep in touch with NVC, Senator / Congressperson dont worry they will find your file soon dont lose hopes

Sadly we wait, and wait and do all we can to stay on top of it.

And in my case have had a few too many cupcakes.

I learned that USCIS is clueless and you never get the same answers or relies like they say you will.

I am still waiting for mine to arrive to NVC.

Jan. 28, 2016: mailed the I-129F application

Feb. 1, 2016 arrived to the lockbox NOA1

Feb 4, 2016 check cashed

Feb. 8, 2016 Signed return receipt arrived

April 7, 2016 Case was approved NOA2

Aug. 5, 2016 was issused a new NOA2, the first one was never sent and it took 4 months to find and issue a new one

Aug. 17, 2016 arrived to NVC FINALLY!!!!

Aug. 22, 2016 Case and Invoice number and sent to Santo Domingo

Aug. 24 Case READY in Santo Domingo :)

Aug, 29 Biometrics

Aug. 30 Medical

Oct. 3 interview

Oct. 3 APPROVED

Oct. 11 Visa issued

Oct. 12 Documents collected from the Embassy

Oct. 14 Passport ready for pick up :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Sadly we wait, and wait and do all we can to stay on top of it.

And in my case have had a few too many cupcakes.

I learned that USCIS is clueless and you never get the same answers or relies like they say you will.

I am still waiting for mine to arrive to NVC.

I thought that your last update had stated they were sending it August 5th to NVC ? Why is it still not there?! This is crazy!

USCIS told my senators office yesterday that They apparently transferred it to NVC July 1st but that I now need to reconstruct my whole I-129f package with all supporting evidence etc......

But I got an email from NVC Tuesday stating- we received your petition we will contact you with further instructions. When I call NVC it doesn't show in their system. Going to call NVC again today - not sure what to do. It's very confusing at this point.

I thought that your last update had stated they were sending it August 5th to NVC ? Why is it still not there?! This is crazy!

USCIS told my senators office yesterday that They apparently transferred it to NVC July 1st but that I now need to reconstruct my whole I-129f package with all supporting evidence etc......

But I got an email from NVC Tuesday stating- we received your petition we will contact you with further instructions. When I call NVC it doesn't show in their system. Going to call NVC again today - not sure what to do. It's very confusing at this point.

Yes, that is what I was told.

I had hoped it would speed up, but not yet.

But at least I feel it's in progress now.

I hope you get yours sorted soon and get the answers needed!

Jan. 28, 2016: mailed the I-129F application

Feb. 1, 2016 arrived to the lockbox NOA1

Feb 4, 2016 check cashed

Feb. 8, 2016 Signed return receipt arrived

April 7, 2016 Case was approved NOA2

Aug. 5, 2016 was issused a new NOA2, the first one was never sent and it took 4 months to find and issue a new one

Aug. 17, 2016 arrived to NVC FINALLY!!!!

Aug. 22, 2016 Case and Invoice number and sent to Santo Domingo

Aug. 24 Case READY in Santo Domingo :)

Aug, 29 Biometrics

Aug. 30 Medical

Oct. 3 interview

Oct. 3 APPROVED

Oct. 11 Visa issued

Oct. 12 Documents collected from the Embassy

Oct. 14 Passport ready for pick up :)

• 3 months later...
Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hELLO,

i WAS WONDERING ABOUT YOUR SITUATION AND HOW YOU GOT things resolved. Im now in the exact same boat 66 days post NOA 2 today and NVC does not have a record of my petition. Im getting the runa round from both USICS aND nvc AS NONONE SEEM TO KNOW WHERE MY PETITION IS.

aNY GUIDANCE YOU CAN PROVIDE AT THIS point will be very much apopreciated.

Hi all,

I've been posting on other forums about my situation, but I am just so frustrated and scared at this point!

I Am the USC and filed the K1 petition in January with NOA1 of January 8th and got my NOA2 June 8th. I thought all was well and knew there was a bit of a delay getting to the NVC and it could take upto 6 weeks to get there.

So I was actively calling and my 6 weeks passed. I'm at 69 days (9weeks) now since my approval and my case is nowhere to be found. I knew some other VJ members in my situation but they eventually got there by their 6-7 weeks was up. I'm still waiting and just so confused.

I called USCIS and spoke to a tier 2- who said they have no way of looking up WHEN my case was sent on what date to NVC because after approval those things don't show up in their system anymore. I don't really believe this as I've seen other VJ members get a specific date from a tier 2 and they eventually got there at a decent time frame afterwards. They told me NOT to call back anymore and give it upto 90 days then I can call.

I called NVC and after my 6 weeks they just keep telling me to email NVCresearch (which I have) and they respond back with- we don't have your petition and contacted USCIS to respond and will let you know. I don't get why it takes 3 weeks for them to respond about a location of a petition approved so long ago.

So, I got my senators office involved- they also contacted NVC and USCIS. USCIS was contacted July 27th and thy told my senators office they couldn't give them an answer until 30 days later. Which will be August 27th.

I've also emailed the obudsman, csc email, scopscatta everything I could find. I feel really hopeless and not one was answered.

Just wondering everyone's honest opinion- do you think my petition is lost? Could it have been sent to the wrong office or something? When will they be able to find out they made a mistake if it is indeed lost- and when will they be able to locate it and send it out?

Does anyone think that if I'm not there by 90 days they will ACTUALLY take me seriously and take action to process getting the petition to NVC quickly? Is there anything else I can do?

I guess I'm sorta venting and just looking for some opinions on what you guys think happened and how much longer do you THINK I'll have to wait, even if I go past the 90 days. I don't want it to take another 30-60 days again after they locate it. It's really taking such a toll on me and I don't know what to do because I'm thinking its lost and I'm going to get delayed for months more.

Any opinions or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.