kikibooboo

My Receipt Number doesn't exist!!!!!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys, my fiance and I received the NOA1 for our K-1 visa dated of 11/24/2015 and we've been trying to access the website and check our status and it doesnt WORK

WE called the phone number they indicated on the website in case of any problems and when we type our receipt number, the system doesn't recognize it, it says it doesn't exist.

We're pretty concern about this, what should we do? Anyone facing the same issue? Thank you!!!

Can you link which website you are trying to access? Is it the case status at uscis.gov?

tumblr_mx13xz5r3o1spaqpio1_250.gif

Make sure to enter the 3 letters followed by all the numbers and do not use any dashes at all.

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Timeline

Thanks everyone! So, that's exactly what we've been doing. We even tried to make an account signing up but we couldn't do that either, it's always saying an error.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The same thing happened with us when we applied a few years ago. We were not able to see our case online until we actually got approved. I've heard of it happening a lot. I just called USCIS throughout the process to make sure our case was still being processed. It was--someone just forgot to update the website. You can give them a call to make sure everything is fine. It also might take a couple of days for it to show up in their system. Good luck!

event.png

Timeline

What makes us concerned is that, even though we received our NOA1 on email AND hard copy, we called the number 1-800-375-5283 and it says our receipt number couldnt be found ! =/ what do we do now?

Timeline

maybe it doesn't like your browser. Try a different one or just try again in the morning.

Thank you, tyler747, but we've been trying for more than a week,daily, using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox... we dont know what else to do

Timeline

That was our experience too when we called the automated system. Have you spoken with a real person that told you your number does not exist? If that is the case, ask to speak to a supervisor so you can get it straightened out.

event.png

Timeline

Yes. SInce it has been awhile since we were in that situation, I don't remember for sure, but it seems like it was the same phone number as the automated system. You just had to push 0 for an operator or something like that. I will try to search for it and get back to you.

Edit: I found this post from awhile ago. Maybe it still works...Here is the magic trick to your question: Call the USCIS tele.# And choose the 1 for english or 2 for spanish. Then in this sequence push these options. 2-2-6-2-4 Use these options everytime you are prompted.

I also found a post that said to choose the option for request for evidence as it will connect you to a live person.

Edited by menina
event.png

Timeline

Okay, it looks like some of those posts might be oudated. Try not pushing anything when prompted and just stay on the line to be connected to an operator. Hope it works for you!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys, my fiance and I received the NOA1 for our K-1 visa dated of 11/24/2015 and we've been trying to access the website and check our status and it doesnt WORK

WE called the phone number they indicated on the website in case of any problems and when we type our receipt number, the system doesn't recognize it, it says it doesn't exist.

We're pretty concern about this, what should we do? Anyone facing the same issue? Thank you!!!

Look, as soon as I received my password, Wac it did not work , plus 3 days later started to work , which are the first letters of your process? it may be that they have not updated your ststus more if u got the code that's OK

Timeline

Sorry for the late response!

My fiancé called them and managed to speak to a real person who said if the number isn't available on the website it's purely because they haven't updated the system yet, and that it also might take up to 45 days to work. In addition, when asked whether our case was being processed, he/she said that if we received a receipt number - which we did - then it's being processed.

So, it seems like it's good new even though we can't check the updates at myUSCIS.

Also, does anybody know whether there's a way I (beneficiary) also get the notifications when the case is updated?

Thanks everyone!!! :joy:

• 1 month later...

We have the same problem with online status. It says the receipt number doesn't exist. We called USCIS and the operator told us that Vermont is backlogged, maybe they didn't have the time to update our case on their online system. It has been almost 4 months since we received our Biometrics appointment letter.

Hopefully we'll receive our approval status once they process our case.. Best of luck to all !!! very stressful situation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.