pm5k

Sufficient evidence of Bona Fide Marriage for I751?

8 posts in this topic

I am going through the I-751 process for my wife. I was wondering if the following items are sufficient for I-751 purposes:

1. Copy of our 2014 IRS Tax Transcript, filed jointly

2. Copy of our 2013 IRS Tax Transcript, filed jointly

3. Copy of my Beneficiary Confirmation Notice (401k, pension, etc), indicating that my wife is the primary beneficiary for all items listed.

4. Copy of my 2015 benefits confirmation of enrollment, indicating that my wife receives medical and dental coverage through me.

5. Copy of Medical Insurance Explaination of Benefits for a surgery performed on my wife on [date of surgery], addressed to me and with my wife listed as the patient

6. Copy of the hospital bill for the surgery mentioned in #5 above, with my name as the guarantor and my wife's as the patient

7. Copy of my driver's license as well as my wife's state ID, indicating the same address

8. Copy of bank statement for a bank account held jointly

9. Copy of credit card statement for my wife's credit card

10. Copy of credit card statement for my credit card

Items 8, 9, and 10 all have the same address, do I need to indicate this, or is it obvious enough once they look through the documents?

Any additional advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Edited by pm5k

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I am going through the I-751 process for my wife. I was wondering if the following items are sufficient for I-751 purposes:

1. Copy of our 2014 IRS Tax Transcript, filed jointly

2. Copy of our 2013 IRS Tax Transcript, filed jointly

3. Copy of my Beneficiary Confirmation Notice (401k, pension, etc), indicating that my wife is the primary beneficiary for all items listed.

4. Copy of my 2015 benefits confirmation of enrollment, indicating that my wife receives medical and dental coverage through me.

5. Copy of Medical Insurance Explaination of Benefits for a surgery performed on my wife on [date of surgery], addressed to me and with my wife listed as the patient

6. Copy of the hospital bill for the surgery mentioned in #5 above, with my name as the guarantor and my wife's as the patient

7. Copy of my driver's license as well as my wife's state ID, indicating the same address

8. Copy of ALL bank statement for a bank account held jointly

9. Copy of ALL credit card statement for my wife's credit card

10. Copy of ALL credit card statement for my credit card

Items 8, 9, and 10 all have the same address, do I need to indicate this, or is it obvious enough once they look through the documents?

Any additional advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Our ROC petition was recently approved after responding to an RFE asking for ALL JOINT bank, credit card statements, financial documents since the inception of the marriage. I had initially sent in one statement per quarter of the above documents, but had to go back and send in everything, except the kitchen sink! Maybe we just got a particularly picky adjudicator...Who knows with the USCIS? You don't have a JOINT credit card for the two of you? Any JOINT utility statements, loan statements, leases, mortgages, titles, family doctor/dentist bills?

Another thing that we included with the RFE were copies of each of our Last Will & Testaments, DPOAs, Living Wills. This has been often recommended in this forum, by several veteran members. Additionally, it is good to have those documents for your ongoing marriage and life.

Our initial submission packet weighed in at ~ six pounds. The follow-up RFE packet weighed in at just under four pounds.

Check other forum threads for other examples of "marriage bona fides," that is what the USCIS wants to see.

YMMV,

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I cosigned for my wife's credit card, but I do not think that is considered a joint credit card, correct?

Lease wise, I already had a lease prior to getting married, right now I am going month to month.

Would an affidavit from friends and/or neighbors be helpful?

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Send copy of lease if you live on rent add your wife on month to month lease

Birth certifcates of any children If you have any

Edited by ButtSaab

omqnwp93ba3er.png

Timeline

I cosigned for my wife's credit card, but I do not think that is considered a joint credit card, correct? See below

Lease wise, I already had a lease prior to getting married, right now I am going month to month. Many people are similarly situated.

Would an affidavit from friends and/or neighbors be helpful? See below

Do the credit cards have the same numbers, did/can you send copies of the cards?

IMHO, after reading numerous posting about affidavits from friends/neighbors/relatives, they are very poor "marriage bona fide" evidence.

YMMV.

I have various EOBs for medical and dental visits over the past two years (most with my wife as the patient, and me the guarantor), as well as associated receipts from hospitals/clinics. In addition, there are numerous photos from different weddings attended, parties, trips, etc.

Our respective credit cards have different numbers, but I do have my wife as an authorized user of a few of my cards (so those cards do have the same number). I can send copies of those.

Timeline

Hi! We have all of those "joint" under our name but we don't have Joint Bank Account. But I am under his credit card. Would that count?

How can you show that to USCIS? That's what matters.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.