Jasmin@

USC's criminal record affects the case???

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi friends, I am a LPR and my husband is USC

He wants to apply to my 14 years old son (his step son)

Recently he was arrested for domestic violence, but he paid the fee and things got fixed, besides his record, it shows now that he had a criminal history.

Will it (criminal history) affect the process?

Or that would be better for me to apply to my son as a LPR

I heard if USC applies it won't take long time

please help me out

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If money is not an issue, you and husband can file 2 separate petitions for the child.

If husband's petition gets trashed (IR2/CR2), yours will be the back-up (F2A).

Oh noo ; (

Husband was charged for abusing me, bodily injury

Oh dear. ?

Hi, that is a sticky subject cuz the CO is going to think if he's abusing you he will do the same to your son

Timeline

Then why did you leave him in the first place? Your husband could've filed for him same time he filed for you.

Anyhow, you can't blame the system. Sacrifice is part this process. I just hope you can provide a safe home for your child when he comes here in the States.

Good luck!

Then why did you leave him in the first place? Your husband could've filed for him same time he filed for you.

Anyhow, you can't blame the system. Sacrifice is part this process. I just hope you can provide a safe home for your child when he comes here in the States.

My husband didnt add his name on the petition, when i asked him abt that he lied to me, he said that he cant add my son and only when ill get my GC i can apply to him as a mother.

when i came here i found out that he could do it but it was late.

actually the one of the reason of our arguing was that

My husband didnt add his name on the petition, when i asked him abt that he lied to me, he said that he cant add my son and only when ill get my GC i can apply to him as a mother.

Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that. But at this point is it really a good idea to bring your son over? Is your husband genuinely okay with the idea now?

Domestic violence is no joke.

Edited by apple21

My husband feels sorry for that accident, he asked me to give him another chance coz we have a kid together.

i didnt know that it will turn that bad when i called the police, i was scared, couldn't breath he covered my nose and mouth for a while. When police came my lips were bleeding and swolled, so he put all these at the report. The second court is in July 24, probably judge will fine him for 5000$

Timeline

You did the right thing by calling the authorities. Don't blame yourself for doing so.

Best advice I can give is file the i130 as soon as possible (you being the petitioner). Years down the line hopefully your marriage and home will be more stable for your kids.

Wish you all the best!

I wad going to take back my compliance against him, but at the police office they said its impossible and officer saw the scene of domestic violence.

And Im sure even If i apply to my son, this accident will affect the case cos in applications there will be my husband's name too, and his criminal record will shows up, am I right?

I wad going to take back my compliance against him, but at the police office they said its impossible and officer saw the scene of domestic violence.

And Im sure even If i apply to my son, this accident will affect the case cos in applications there will be my husband's name too, and his criminal record will shows up, am I right?

Timeline

I think his criminal history will only show up if he files as the petitioner. That's why it would be better if you file instead.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.