Psalm51

Proof FipipinoCupid website is NOT an Int'l Marriage Broker

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Help!----I just got an RFE requesting I prove that FilipinoCupid is NOT an International Marriage Broker.

All I did was mention the site in my response to question 34a on the 129F. (that's the question that asks that you describe how you met). Then I described several ways that it would not qualify as an Internat'l Marriage Broker.

Does anyone know what is acceptable proof to the USCIS that a website is NOT an Internat'l Marriage Broker?

FilipinoCupid clearly states in their Terms and conditions that they are not:

(from their website):

3. The Service

The Service is an internet information service that facilitates contact between members who may or may not be seeking friendship or a relationship. It is not a marriage brokering service, mail order bride service or a matchmaking service. The Company is under no obligation to broker any other member or members for you.

I wonder if printing out 16 pages of their terms and conditions is sufficient?

Does anyone have experience in sufficiency of proof in this regard? I'd rather not reply on just a hunch; it would be helpful to have feedback from someone who actually successfully proved a website was not an Internat'l Marriage Broker to the USCIS.

Thanks much

Tom

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance submit the i-129F and additional sheet for the question 34 how we met and he explained that we made first contact at filipinocupid.com but we didn't get rfe and we approved after 18 days of our noa1. I think printing the terms and condition of that site will be ok to send to them. Goodluck!

01-11-2015: Submitted I-129F petition

01-15-2015: USCIS received the package i-129f

01-21-2015: Received notification with receipt no.

01-27-2015: Received hard copy of NOA1

02-02-2015: Approved petition (yay!!! So fast)

02-06-2015: Received hard copy of NOA2

02-18-2015: Assigned MNL case #

03-03-2015: Received hard copy of NVC Letter

03-16-2015: Medical

03-17-2015: Medical result passed!(Thank god)

03-30-2015: Interview (Passed! Thank god)

My fiance submit the i-129F and additional sheet for the question 34 how we met and he explained that we made first contact at filipinocupid.com but we didn't get rfe and we approved after 18 days of our noa1. I think printing the terms and condition of that site will be ok to send to them. Goodluck!

That's what we did. My husband (USC) only stated on question 34 that we met online on January 1st and met in person on May 1st.. and what I did is I sent him additional sheet stating how we met, how we communicate, what we did when my husband visited me in Philippines. We didn't get rfe and got approved after 80 days...

To OP: Just try to print the terms and conditions, maybe it will help you.... You'll be ok. Goodluck.....

Edited by Dan&Yvette

***K-1 Visa***

MAY 01, 2014: Met in person and got Engaged!
JULY 01, 2014: Sent I-129F Packet to Dallas Lockbox
JULY 04, 2014: Received via USPS Tracking
JULY 09, 2014: USCIS received the case - route to CSC - notified via email/text
JULY 10, 2014: NOA1 Hardcopy received and ARN changed
SEPTEMBER 26, 2014: Approved!!! (via USCIS site)...yipeee!!!! (80 days from NOA1)
OCTOBER 01, 2014: Got NOA2 Hardcopy
OCTOBER 15, 2014: Called NVC and got our MNL case # (19 days after approval)
OCTOBER 20, 2014: Paid the visa fee (BPI)
OCTOBER 22, 2014: Case status "In Transit". Completed and submitted DS-160 Form
OCTOBER 23, 2014: CEAC status "READY"
OCTOBER 30, 2014: Received NVC Letter thru mail (letter dated October 21st)
NOVEMBER 17, 2014: Medical (SLEC) - Result "Passed"
NOVEMBER 21, 2014: Received letter from US Embassy (Manila)
NOVEMBER 24, 2014: Interview - Result "Approved" :thumbs:
NOVEMBER 26, 2014: CEAC status "Administrative Processing"
NOVEMBER 28, 2014: CEAC status "ISSUED" :dance:
DECEMBER 02, 2014: Got text message from 2GO courier that my US Visa is ready to pick up :wow:
DECEMBER 06, 2014: Got my Visa. :dancing:
DECEMBER 15, 2014: CFO Seminar (didn't get my certificate and sticker - the counselor wanted to have copies of chat logs and I forgot to bring, huhuhu)
DECEMBER 19, 2014: Follow up seminar with CFO... Got my CFO certificate and seminar
DECEMBER 26, 2014: POE - San Francisco, CA (L) (L)
DECEMBER 30, 2014: Courthouse Wedding

JANUARY 15, 2015: Got my SS card (with my married name)

***AOS, EAD & AP***

MARCH 12, 2015: Sent AOS, EAD & AP packet via USPS (Express Mail)

MARCH 13, 2015: Packet delivered & signed (via USPS tracking)

MARCH 18, 2015: Receipt notice from USCIS (via text message and email)

MARCH 23, 2015: Received NOA's in mail

APRIL 04, 2015 : Received Biometrics Appointment Notice via mail

APRIL 14, 2015 : Biometrics (in Oakland)

APRIL 23, 2015 : Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

APRIL 29, 2015 : Received letter from USCIS for my initial interview

MAY 27, 2015 : EAD and AP is approved

MAY 29, 2015 : Interview.... APPROVED!!!

JUNE 04, 2015 : EAD/AP combo card received

JUNE 07, 2015 : GC received!!!

You couldn't get a subscription for Match.com or e-Harmony.com or you just wanted to be with a Filipino chick? Because not to bust your balls or anything but that website is full of girls that has the same common goal, "Money and America." A bunch of my buddies uses that site when their down there and they say its like picking grape from its vine.

You couldn't get a subscription for Match.com or e-Harmony.com or you just wanted to be with a Filipino chick? Because not to bust your balls or anything but that website is full of girls that has the same common goal, "Money and America." A bunch of my buddies uses that site when their down there and they say its like picking grape from its vine.

Honestly, it's none of your business where he chooses to communicate with people.

K-1 Journey: 309 days from received to POE (TSC)

[september 11, 2014] - I-129F received by USCIS

[september 15, 2014] - NOA1
[May 27, 2015] - NOA2
[July 9, 2015] - I N T E R V I E W! (APPROVED!)
[July 13, 2015] - Issued
[July 14, 2015] - Visa in hand
[July 16, 2015] - POE JFK

AOS Journey: 169 days from received to GC in hand (NSC)

Spoiler

[July 17, 2015] - Successfully applied for SSN

[July 18, 2015] - Sent out AOS package

[July 21, 2015] - Received

[July 24, 2015] - NOA1 (3x)

[August 18, 2015] - Biometrics

[september 19, 2015] - EAD/AP approval (63 days)

[september 24, 2015] - EAD/AP Received

[January 6, 2016] - Green Card approved without interview(166 days)

[January 12, 2016] - Received Green Card

ROC journey starts: October 2017

ROC Journey: 419 days (VSC)

[October 30, 2017] - Sent package

[November 3, 2017] - NOA1

[November 18, 2017] - Biometrics letter received

[December 5, 2017] - Biometrics

[December 18, 2018] - Card is being produced (no interview)

[December 22, 2018] - Received Green Card

I too, used what is now called filipinocupid.com. I emailed the website, copied the USCIS question to them regarding the IMBRA statute and asked for an aswer. I printed out the reply from filipinocupid.com stating that the website was not a "marriage broker" and not subject to the IMBRA statute - and included it with the I-129f petition. And, was never asked a question about it.

Best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.