Magda&Andrew

Urgent! Proof of Petitioner domicile!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

My fiancée and I currently live in Poland and had been planning to make the big move to the US together once our visa was in hand.

On the day of the interview at the embassy however, we were sent away with a request to provide "Proof of Petitioner domicile". We were in such shock to hear that the affidavit of support by my mother explicitly stating she would provide room and board was not seemingly convincing enough of my attention to reestablish a domicile.

Putting my contempt aside, we've amassed the following:

1. Signed statement from myself indicating I'm endeavoring to reestablish a domicile in the US.

2. Signed statement from my mother explicitly laying out living arrangements (with things such as length of stay, noting the renovations in the house that have been done to prepare for our arrival, what rooms/furniture/amenities are being provided)

3. Emails from potential employers showing that I am indeed applying for work.

4. A copy of my driver's license which is still valid

5. My voter registration card

We're still finding about:

1. If I'm still on my parents' insurance (I'm not 26 yet, fortunately) and if not, putting me back on.

2. Reopening my bank account (we closed just 2-3 months ago).

Is there anything else out there that y'all can think of or details to include in any statement? I left the US right after college 3.5 years ago, so sadly I have no active memberships in anything in the US.

Help me Visa Journey; you're my only hope!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.