e&z

Post NOA2- NVC Stage

777 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I thought it might be a good idea to start a topic for all of those who have recently received NOA2s, so we can keep track of how fast the NVC and various embassies are processing things.

Timeline

We received our NOA2 11th September

Called up the NVC on 25th September and were told our new case number. (after many, many attempts and an hour on hold we got through)

CEAC status was 'at NVC' up until today where it now shows 'In Transit'.

We have yet to receive a hard copy NOA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The NVC is processing Packages very fast. After 3 days of receiving my K1 It was mailed the the Philippines the following day. you can contact the NVC. The best time to contact them is anytime after 8pm

Timeline

Yeah, after the huge delays at TSC etc I had set myself up for a long, long wait at the NVC stage too but we were pleasantly surprised! We called mid day and hit 'redial' about 3 times, got put through and then just sat on hold.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey guys Iam in the same stage like yours , I got approved on 11 September , up till now I have not hear from NVC , we are worried about what's going on , any help pls

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I was approved September 10th, NVC still hasn't received my case. You're not alone luckyef. You should call them though if you haven't already. Best time is 7 Am et or 11 pm et.

Edited by usmsbow

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline

we received our NOA2 on 25th September. how soon can you call the NVC for update and what information do you need when you call? What does calling do - give you the new case number so you can check your status on CEAC website?

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

we received our NOA2 on 25th September. how soon can you call the NVC for update and what information do you need when you call? What does calling do - give you the new case number so you can check your status on CEAC website?

thanks

1. I would wait about 10 working days before calling them. You can call them whenever you'd like, but if you call them early, you will just be wasting your time.

2. You need your receipt number from USCIS (which is on both the NOA1 and NOA2 and starts with SRC for TSC applicants).

3. Yes, you get a new case number, which allows you to check the status on the CEAC website.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Called today... I had to redial a few times and after 20 mins on hold I got through. The lady was very nice and she she told me that our case has reached NVC and we already have a case number and they will mail our file to the embassy in Bucharest as soon as possible.

I was almost not able to wish her a "Good day!" cause I was chocking with my own tears.

File sent - May 1st
NOA1 - May 9th
Transferred - August 8th
NOA2 - September 11th

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

We received our NOA2 11th September

Called up the NVC on 25th September and were told our new case number. (after many, many attempts and an hour on hold we got through)

CEAC status was 'at NVC' up until today where it now shows 'In Transit'.

We have yet to receive a hard copy NOA2.

I haven't received my letter from NVC AND HERE NOW MY FIANCE IS GOING FOR HIS INTERVIEW OCTOBER 14 AND THE LADY FROM NVC TOLD ME IT TAKES TWO TO FOUR WEEKS TO RECEIVE IT AS OF THE DAY I DONT HAVE IT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We got our NOA2 on September 24th. The USC got the hard copy today, (Sept. 29).

Still haven't called NVC, I'll probably give it until this Wednesday and then call. I'll update when I do.

Edited by stevenregina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I haven't received my letter from NVC AND HERE NOW MY FIANCE IS GOING FOR HIS INTERVIEW OCTOBER 14 AND THE LADY FROM NVC TOLD ME IT TAKES TWO TO FOUR WEEKS TO RECEIVE IT AS OF THE DAY I DONT HAVE IT

I haven't gotten my letter from NVC either or the packet 3 from the embassy. NVC case # was assigned on Sept 17th, so it is not quite 2 weeks. I emailed the embassy last Wednesday and they haven't responded to my email yet but the file was sent via DHL on Sept 19th. After waiting so long at USCIS stage I'm getting impatient now lol!!

K-1

January 27, 2014 - Submitted I-129F

January 31, 2014 - NOA1

August 3, 2014- E service request submitted

August 15, 2014- E service request received back saying our case is in a processing hold due to "pending security checks"

September 3, 2014 - NOA2

September 5, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

September 8, 2014 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

September 17, 2014- Case # assigned by NVC

September 19, 2014- Case shipped to Consulate from NVC

October 1, 2014 - Case status "Ready"

October 3, 2014 - Packet 3 received- K1 Instructions

October 15, 2014 - Packet 4 received- Appointment letter

November 4, 2014 - Interview- APPROVED!!!

November 13, 2014 - Visa in hand

November 25, 2014- POE in Washington, DC

December 18, 2014- Marriage at Courthouse

AOS

January 8, 2015- AOS NOA1

January 28, 2015- Biometrics appointment

March 4, 2015- EAD card in production

March 16, 2015- EAD card in hand

May 2015- Notice of Interview Waiver and case processing delay

September 10, 2015- RFE- lost packet given at POE! Have to redo the medical :/

October 28, 2015- Approval of AOS and card in production- online case status updated

November 2, 2015- Green card in hand!!

Timeline

thanks

You can call whenever you like but as others have said- it's best to wait until there is a realistic chance of it arriving at NVC first.

You have to be prepared to keep hitting redial and be on hold for a little while but when you get through you can ask for your new case number and whether or not its been posted to the embassy yet.

I track our case online now I have the new number (CEAC visa tracker) and its currently 'in transit'!

I'm probably mega keen but as soon as I had the case number I booked my medical and filled in my DS-160. When the status changes to 'ready' i'll submit my 'readiness for interview' form.

I've got vaccination records, the I-134 affidavit etc so am just impatiently waiting!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I called NVC TEN DAYS after USCIS release it and left USCIS august 5 n it hit NVC on august 14 and left NVC headed to my fiance country on august 19th so my paperwork went fast now my fiance never did receive his call-in from us embassy in my fiance country after two weeks he went to the embassy to pick up his packet which also had his interview date so all I can say is still have a little more patience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.