en0602

i-765 (EAD) expedite successful experience with job offer

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Just wanted to share my experience on expediting the EAD card since I got A LOTTT of help from this forum, thought I could share my experience.

My timeline is below:

-3/17 sent documents to USCIS

-3/19 USCIS received package.

- 3/27 received notice for bio appointment - scheduled on 4/15.

-4/3 walk in bio successful at San francisco office (the people are soooo nice there!!)

-4/17 got a job offer, so started to look at EAD expedite articles. (company asked to be on board before end of May)

-4/29 called local congressmen (Mike Honda in my case) to see if they could help with the situation.

the lady emailed me a privacy form for me to fill out

-4/30 sent the privacy form to congressmen's office

-4/30 i-485 status changed to interview/testing (i don't think this has anything to do with the congress office thou)

-5/1 office called to ask for more supporting documents (offer letter). sent all of them the same day

-5/1 email from congressman's office letting me know that they have put in the request to USCIS already. email said, "It has been my experience that it takes approximately 20 days for CIS to respond. I have, however, indicated the urgency of your case. I will contact you as soon as I receive an agency response."

-5/2 no response (well it was a Friday, but I was just a bit paranoid)

-5/7 woke up with a text message saying my i-765 status was updated! - EAD status updated to "card in production!!!"

-5/8 email from congressman's office that the card is under production and asked me if i needed any further help (how in the world are they so nice! I'm so grateful...)

-5/8 wrote a thank you letter to the congressman's office to thank them for their huge help

So there it is!

for the details on what i sent to the congressman's office, I provided:

1. i-765 notice

2. bio appointment notice

3. offer letter (with a clear date on what date I had to be on board)

4. I asked my recruiter to send an email to the congressmen's office simply just saying "I'm confirming that we offered a xxx position to xxx on xxx, and we would very much like her to start by xxx. Thanks for the help on expediting."

For the AOS documents, we hired a lawyer, (he was 1000$ only). I basically had all the documents ready, i just wanted someone to go through it thoroughly and make sure I don't have any mistakes that should result in a RFE. (and yes it helped! he found 2 small mistakes).

Thanks to this forum, I'm now looking forward to start my new job in time =] !

--Congressmen does help--

Wow, nice to share things like this so others can learn. Thank you for doing that!

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife filed for EAD in Feb and she just received her EAD card today. We filed for her daughter a few weeks ago and her card should be here within a week or so according to the online status check. It only took 5 days after the status changed to card in production for her to get her card.

Edited by mik2012

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Family -based AOS Process to Family-based AOS Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Just wanted to share my experience on expediting the EAD card since I got A LOTTT of help from this forum, thought I could share my experience.

My timeline is below:

-3/17 sent documents to USCIS

-3/19 USCIS received package.

- 3/27 received notice for bio appointment - scheduled on 4/15.

-4/3 walk in bio successful at San francisco office (the people are soooo nice there!!)

-4/17 got a job offer, so started to look at EAD expedite articles. (company asked to be on board before end of May)

-4/29 called local congressmen (Mike Honda in my case) to see if they could help with the situation.

the lady emailed me a privacy form for me to fill out

-4/30 sent the privacy form to congressmen's office

-4/30 i-485 status changed to interview/testing (i don't think this has anything to do with the congress office thou)

-5/1 office called to ask for more supporting documents (offer letter). sent all of them the same day

-5/1 email from congressman's office letting me know that they have put in the request to USCIS already. email said, "It has been my experience that it takes approximately 20 days for CIS to respond. I have, however, indicated the urgency of your case. I will contact you as soon as I receive an agency response."

-5/2 no response (well it was a Friday, but I was just a bit paranoid)

-5/7 woke up with a text message saying my i-765 status was updated! - EAD status updated to "card in production!!!"

-5/8 email from congressman's office that the card is under production and asked me if i needed any further help (how in the world are they so nice! I'm so grateful...)

-5/8 wrote a thank you letter to the congressman's office to thank them for their huge help

So there it is!

for the details on what i sent to the congressman's office, I provided:

1. i-765 notice

2. bio appointment notice

3. offer letter (with a clear date on what date I had to be on board)

4. I asked my recruiter to send an email to the congressmen's office simply just saying "I'm confirming that we offered a xxx position to xxx on xxx, and we would very much like her to start by xxx. Thanks for the help on expediting."

For the AOS documents, we hired a lawyer, (he was 1000$ only). I basically had all the documents ready, i just wanted someone to go through it thoroughly and make sure I don't have any mistakes that should result in a RFE. (and yes it helped! he found 2 small mistakes).

Thanks to this forum, I'm now looking forward to start my new job in time =] !

--Congressmen does help--

Thanks for sharing your experience! and Congrats on the EAD approval! :dancing:

My wife filed for EAD in Feb and she just received her EAD card today. We filed for her daughter a few weeks ago and her card should be here within a week or so according to the online status check. It only took 5 days after the status changed to card in production for her to get her card.

Cheers to you guys! Mine should be here soon too! :idea:

Edited by sweet cakes

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

• 6 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

Hi en0602,

I'm on the same board now as you was before. Mike Honda is congressman on my district. And I've contacted to his office and they said that they dont have jurisdiction on expedite the process to USCIS. They only able to check the status of service request. I feel so hopeless(((( please help...

I have some question to you:

1. How did you ask them to help?

2. Did they told that cannot expedite ?

Thanks

• 8 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi en0602,

I'm on the same board now as you was before. Mike Honda is congressman on my district. And I've contacted to his office and they said that they dont have jurisdiction on expedite the process to USCIS. They only able to check the status of service request. I feel so hopeless(((( please help...

I have some question to you:

1. How did you ask them to help?

2. Did they told that cannot expedite ?

Thanks

You need to be one of the "1000 crane$!"

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Honda-ethics-probe-how-it-s-going-to-play-6415281.php

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow thats crazy... Politics smh. Thanks for sharing Bayareaguy

Adjustment of Status

09/12/14 - I-130 mailed (while spouse was permanent resident) to USCIS CSC
09/15/14 - I-130 receipt date
09/18/14 - NOA1 received
02/15/15 - NOA 2 received (approval)
03/15/15 - Letter received from NVC indicating priority date not yet current...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
05/29/15 - Spouse became US citizen
05/29/15 - Mailed letter along with supporting documents to NVC asking that petition be upgraded (no response received)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
06/25/15 - Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131 package (Chicago Lockbox) > 06/28/15 - Package delivered per tracking info.

06/29/15 - USCIS Receipt Date > 07/08/15 - Email and text notifications of acceptance received
07/13/15 - NOA hard copies for I-485, I-765, I-131 received > 07/17/15 - Biometrics appointment letter received (for 07/27/15)
07/20/15 - Biometrics completed > 08/06/15 - Requested Expedition of EAD

08/07/15 - Sent Evidence for Expedition > 08/19/15 - EAD Approved

08/24/15 - EAD/AP I797C Hardcopy Received > 08/24/15 - EAD Mailed > 08/27/15 - EAD Received

08/31/15 - SSN Application Completed > 09/01/15 - Received SSN > 09/04/15 - Received SS Card

09/16/15 - Received e-Notification - Interview 10/22 > 10/22/15 - AOS Interview - Approved! 

CR-2/IR-2 Visa

07/20/15 - I-130 mailed to USCIS > 07/22/15 - Package delivered per tracking info. > 07/23/15 - USCIS Receipt Date

07/24/15 - Email and text notifications of acceptance received (petition forwarded to Nebraska SC) 

*****This visa was approved for my daughter in June of 2016. She came to the US in July 2016 and received her 10-year green card in the mail.

I forgot to update. Will add the dates soon***** 

I-751 - Removal of Conditions 

07/24/17 - I-751 mailed to USCIS > 08/09/17 - NOA Received > 09/04/17 - Biometrics Appointment (I think I did a walk-in in August for this) 

01/22/19 - Update on website says green card being produced 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.