Levick13

DCF in Vietnam

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I Have done dinh hon with wife on September 25th, 2013 after spending 10/30/12-1/21/2013 & 4/19/2013-10/17/2013 living in Vietnam. I have a leased apartment for the next year in Vietnam from 10/1/2013-10/1/2014. I plan to return to Vietnam 2/15/2015 (post TET). We are planning to get married in Vietnam in March, and then apply for a DCF in August in the hopes that we can get her a spousal visa by October. is that possible? From what I've read, getting a DCF filed visa is MUCH faster than filing through the United States. Is that true? Has anyone done a DCF in Vietnam?

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

DCF is not offered in Vietnman. Only embassies/consulates with a USCIS foreign office are able to process these. You will have to go through the regular process which takes about 6-12 months or longer.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=1ac900c262197210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=1ac900c262197210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Two months to get spousal visa? I dont think that is the case in Vietnam or any other countries in general.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I Have done dinh hon with wife on September 25th, 2013 after spending 10/30/12-1/21/2013 & 4/19/2013-10/17/2013 living in Vietnam. I have a leased apartment for the next year in Vietnam from 10/1/2013-10/1/2014. I plan to return to Vietnam 2/15/2015 (post TET). We are planning to get married in Vietnam in March, and then apply for a DCF in August in the hopes that we can get her a spousal visa by October. is that possible? From what I've read, getting a DCF filed visa is MUCH faster than filing through the United States. Is that true? Has anyone done a DCF in Vietnam?

As been said. Vietnam does not have DCF. Going through the spousal visa with my wife now, I live in Vietnam with her. We are at the 8 month mark and counting in the process. However, we are a ways ahead of others who filed at the same time and the petitioner lived in the US. So it is faster living abroad but still takes a LONG time in my opinion.

Edited by Chris & Trinh

11-28-2010 - Married

USCIS:
03/14/2013 - I-130 Sent
03/18/2013 - NOA1

06/05/2013 RFE issued

06/25/2013 RFE recieved in mail

06/28/2013 RFE requested docs. sent to USCIS from abroad

07/08/2013 RFE entered into USCIS system as received and "RFE Review" status online

07/16/2013 NOA2 received by email

07/19/2013 Email from USCIS stating case file has been sent to NVC

07/27/2013 Hard copy of NOA2 recieved abroad (Vietnam) by mail

NVC:
08/02/2013 Received NVC case number via email

08/02/2013 Sent DS-3032 via emial

08/05/2013 Paid AOS ($88) fee

08/19/2013 DS-3032 accepted by NVC

08/26/2013 Paid IV ($230) fee

09/04/2013 Completed new DS-260 Online in place of the old (DS-230 paper form)

09/10/2013 I-864 Sent

10/04/2013 Check list

11/02/2013 Check list

12/14/2013 Case Complete

12/30/2013 Interview Scheduled for Feb 25 2014

US Consulate HCMC, Vietnam

02/25/2014 I-R1 Immigrant Visa interview (APPROVED!!)

03/06/2014 Visa delivered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As been said. Vietnam does not have DCF. Going through the spousal visa with my wife now, I live in Vietnam with her. We are at the 8 month mark and counting in the process. However, we are a ways ahead of others who filed at the same time and the petitioner lived in the US. So it is faster living abroad but still takes a LONG time in my opinion.

Chris,

Glad to meet another westerner going through the same annoying bureaucratic (*$(. I'm due to return to D7 in February/March 2014, but i wanted to get a jumpstart on the paperwork. We had a dinh hon in September and are having the actual wedding in March. i have all the paperwork to file for marriage here in the United States, but the cost of authenticating the documents here in the United States is unbelievably expensive. Besides the fact that I have to go first to a notary, then the clerk of courts for the county the notary is registered and get the county stamp, then the state of Ohio for the State to verify the county's stamp, and then send the documents to the Vietnamese embassy in Washington for their stamp----which costs $50 per stamp! (7 documents: Notary free at bank; $2 per document at County clerk; $5 per document at State level; then $50 per stamp from Vietnam!! How is a poor country 10 times as expensive as the State of ohio?) Because i was previously married, I have to bring my divorce decree, too. My question to you is this: is it better to wait until i return and fill the paperwork out in vietnam, or is it better to get all the above documents stamped and send them ahead so my wife can file them with Vietnam before i arrive so we have a headstart? I still have to go through all the bullshit with the US government for the marriage visa. Previously we applied for a K-1 visa but were denied because i didn't ask specifically for an IMBRA waiver. Since that was denied, i either have to wait until August to file another k-1 or just file a cr-1 and wait the extra time. The benefit of the marriage visa being no adjustment of status, but the downside being having to wait an extra long time. I'm preparing to teach english in Vietnam until she can return with me, but obviously, its a financial stretch to live here versus the money that i can earn in the United States. (Especially if you consider that I have remodeling company in the united states and there is no work in construction in Vietnam because they have a labor pool willing to kill themselves for next to no money.) Teaching english pays well enough to survive, but it won't be stress free. This whole process is frustrating because she can't accompany back to the United States on a tourist visa until the other visa is processed. I just want to get on with our new life and worry about normal things besides whether my wife can accompany me to my home country. Anyway, any thoughts on how best to proceed is appreciated.

Take care,

Stephen

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Two months to get spousal visa? I dont think that is the case in Vietnam or any other countries in general.

Our DCF was completed in 4 months. Friends had theirs finished in just 6 weeks. Both were done in the Frankfurt Consulate General since they enjoy a great piece of autonomy and are able to decide things themselfs. I guess because they have the manpower, too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consulate_General_of_the_United_States,_Frankfurt

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.