2Hearts1Love

I-134 Just Below 125% Poverty Guideline of Income

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hey fellow VJers,

My Fiance and I are currently in the process of having sent his packet 3 to his consulate in the Netherlands. My mom is going to co-sponsor and I thought she made enough by her income for the previous year's transcripts, but it turns out she is approx $200 short of the requirement for household size of 2. So how many assets will she need to fill in for I-134 and which ones are easiest to prove?? Can she easily meet the extra $200 of personal property of something that meets that expense? Is just one bank statement enough to prove to show her savings of more than $200??

Thanks in advance!! We're so close and this come up now!! unsure.png

Timeline

Hey fellow VJers,

My Fiance and I are currently in the process of having sent his packet 3 to his consulate in the Netherlands. My mom is going to co-sponsor and I thought she made enough by her income for the previous year's transcripts, but it turns out she is approx $200 short of the requirement for household size of 2. So how many assets will she need to fill in for I-134 and which ones are easiest to prove?? Can she easily meet the extra $200 of personal property of something that meets that expense? Is just one bank statement enough to prove to show her savings of more than $200??

Thanks in advance!! We're so close and this come up now!! unsure.png

If she is $200 dollars short, basically, she has to prove she has 5x $200 dollars in savings/assets to make up for it. Since the support is for 5 years.

So if she can show she has $1000 (200 x 5) saved up then you guys should be good to go.

However just make sure that you are looking at it properly, you say his mother is going to co-sponser, does he live with her at the moment? If she has other children living with her that she claims on her taxes then the household # is the amount of people she claims on there.

This all is to the best of my knowledge. If I am mistaken then I hope on of the other VJ members will correct me.

Edited by Jhalil

February 15th - sent package to Dallas. Took a long time to get to Dallas because of weather conditions and delays.

March 3rd - NOA1.

March 5th - Received alien registration number.

August 21st- NOA2.
September 8th - NVC received package and assigned case #
September 11th - Embassy received package.
September 16th - Received Packet 3.
September 17th - Sent packet 3 back.
September 23rd - Received packet 4.
October 14th - Medical.
October 21st - Interview. - Interview approved, visa granted!

November 1st - Moving to the U.S.

Timeline

The co-sponsor is my mother actually, and I do live with her, however I am not dependent on her taxes and there are no other persons living in the household besides the 2 of us currently. Do you know if a copy of her bank statement showing her current savings is enough for proof by chance? Thanks for the response! ^_^

Timeline

My apologies, I didn't read the first part right where you said your mother would be the one filing as a co-sponser.

I believe this informational instruction guide here should answer your questions: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

To save you some trouble the specific answer to that question would be the following, as per the form:

As the sponsor, you must show you have sufficient income
or financial resources to assure that the alien you are
sponsoring will not become a public charge while in the
United States.
Evidence should consist of copies of any of the
documents listed below that apply to your situation.
Failure to provide evidence of sufficient income or
financial resources may result in the denial of the alien's
application for a visa or his or her removal from the United
States.
Submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources,
as appropriate:

A.
Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial
institutions with deposits, identifying the following details
regarding the account:
1. Date account opened;
2.Total amount deposited for the past year; and
3.Present balance.

The information on that .pdf covers the entire I-134 form too might you have more questions.
Good luck!

February 15th - sent package to Dallas. Took a long time to get to Dallas because of weather conditions and delays.

March 3rd - NOA1.

March 5th - Received alien registration number.

August 21st- NOA2.
September 8th - NVC received package and assigned case #
September 11th - Embassy received package.
September 16th - Received Packet 3.
September 17th - Sent packet 3 back.
September 23rd - Received packet 4.
October 14th - Medical.
October 21st - Interview. - Interview approved, visa granted!

November 1st - Moving to the U.S.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.