efis

How long you was in "testing & interview" status until you receive the appointment date?

169 posts in this topic

roughly 2 months for me. helps to look through other's timeline in terms of the field office closest to you. Mine was in Atlanta too. Papers reached Chicago on March 25th and I got my approved GC on July 30 at Atlanta field office and in hand August 7th.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Greece
Timeline

roughly 2 months for me. helps to look through other's timeline in terms of the field office closest to you. Mine was in Atlanta too. Papers reached Chicago on March 25th and I got my approved GC on July 30 at Atlanta field office and in hand August 7th.

thank you. i just see so many different timelines! ...like 30 days after testing and interview in atlanta,
..what about your time line? can you post it?

I had something happen every 4 or so weeks. So March 23rd - application reached USCIS and 7 days later received notices. April 23rd, biometrics. 3 days later I had I-485 updated to testing and interview. Then May 28th, I received my EAD. June 26th I saw an update for my I-485 that my interview was on July 30th and then Auguest 7th I had GC in hand.

But then again I was adjusting from H1B , from India and I've been here for 9 years already on various statuses continuously. So my background check may have taken longer. I am not sure what you are adjusting from.

There were some others who filed in March-April 2013 who had their interview earlier than I did. Their whole application timeline took like 3 months. So I would go through those threads and check(March 2013 and April 2013). I think only handful of people are still waiting but majority have received their GC. there were some others at the Atlanta area on those threads. That helped me realize that I might have been running a bit late since I was under the assumption that it would be around October when I would get an interview for Atlanta and as you said many received dates after just 30 days. at 3 weeks I think you still have time.

Also look for people adjusting from similar visas as yourself. Not just on this site but others too. I basically looked for people who were here on F1 to H1 to GC and my timeline was roughly similar to theirs. Many received their GC in roughly 3 to 5 months. It's not set in stone but it may give you a ball park as to when you need to start calling them.

Timeline

Also look for people adjusting from similar visas as yourself. Not just on this site but others too. I basically looked for people who were here on F1 to H1 to GC and my timeline was roughly similar to theirs. Many received their GC in roughly 3 to 5 months. It's not set in stone but it may give you a ball park as to when you need to start calling them.

Really appreciate your respond. I'm in AOS by marriage. Do you know other sites like this one?

trackitt.com was another one I went to and immigration.com. They aren't as well laid out as this site but I googled quite a bit and found people's postings and timelines. Sometimes just following their posts gets you an idea as well. Also use the search feature on here as well to look for specific cases.

• 4 weeks later...

About two months, and after I received the date it was five weeks ahead. So about three months from testing & interview update until the actual inteview.

4/12/13 - sent I-485 package

4/15/13 - USCIS Chicago Lockbox received package

4/22/13 - got email and txt

4/29/13 - received NOA in mail

5/08/13 - received biometrics appointment for 5/22

5/09/13 - successful early walk in at Port Chester, NY office

5/22/13 - I-485 updated to Testing & Interview

6/18/13 - EAD went to production

6/21/13 - Card/Document Production for EAD - second email

6/24/13 - EAD mailed

6/26/13 - EAD arrived

7/18/13 - got email about interview

7/20/13 - got hard copy interview letter

08/23/13 - interview - Approved dancin5hr.gif(card production & decision email)

08/28/13 - card production - second email

08/29/13 - card mailed

09/03/13 - card arrived

*********************************************************************************

05/27/2016 - N-400 mailed

06/02/2016 - NOA date

06/24/2016 - biometrics appointment

11/28/2016 - interview scheduled for January 9th, 2017

01/09/2017 - interview passed

01/20/2017 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

about three weeks for me..

thinking about it now, it was fast but back then the wait was excruciating..

AOS FROM F1

Met -January 8th, 2011

Married - February 1st, 2013

5/29/2013 - Mailed AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

6/03/2013 - Package Received.

6/06/2013 - Check Cashed.

6/07/2013 - Receipt Date on NOAs - Transferred to National Benefits Center.

6/11/2013 - Received Hard copy NOAs.

6/14/2013 - Biometrics Appointment Notice.

7/08/2013 - Biometrics Done and Successful in Baltimore.

7/17/2013 - I-485 status updated to "Testing and Interview".

8/07/2013 - Interview Notice Received.(online/text).

8/08/2013 - Interview Notice Received.(Mail).

8/09/2013 - EAD Approved.

8/17/2013 - EAD Received.

8/22/2013 - SSC Received.

9/12/2013 - AOS Interview - Further Review needed.

10/03/2013 - AOS APPROVED!!!
10/15/2013 - GC Received.

.....till 2015.

30/09/2015 - Mailed ROC Package to Vermont Lockbox

09/11/2015 - Biometrics Taken in Baltimore

19/08/2016 - RFE received

12/10/2016 - RFE response package sent.

04/11/2016 - ROC APPROVED!!!

25/11/2016 - GC Received.

Timeline

about three weeks for me..

thinking about it now, it was fast but back then the wait was excruciating..

thanks for your report.

can you tell me what you mean "Further Review needed." ?

Timeline

im getting crazy!!! Still waiting for appointment date!! ....50 days from "testing and interview"notice!! ...57days from biometrics!!! ......OMG HOW LONG I HAVE TO WAIT??????

Lol @efis. Oh my goodness

@efis, U made me join the VJ community finally, cos i'd to respond to your comment

wow to think i have been monitoring u all Atl filers in the last 2 - 3 months on VJ.

im a june aos atl filer, 77 day post FP and 65 day post interview and scheduling notice.

I have gone from crazy - depressed to psychotic back to normal from the waiting. LOL

i have gone from checking my status on uscis site from 20 times a day now to once in 3 days

i have practically typed up to 100,000 case numbers before and after my case number for recourse,

i have been laughed at so much by my loving hubby for this craziness but am now back to normal.

it is what it is sweety, after going through almost all forums (VJ and a whole lot others) i have concluded the slowest offices are Atl, NYC, CT and a few others. while dallas, boston, CA filers get greened between 75 - 95 days. Am here waiting patiently on my day > 115 for that magic interview letter and interview

In all i give thanks to the almighty,

dont despair, get to concentrate on a whole of other things, am sure the atl letters will start rolling out very very soon. They dont know us, so it's not a personal beef, it's just the work load at some field offices probably covering more than 1-2 states. who knows!!!

Timeline

hey atl13. what is your time line?

Lol @efis. Oh my goodness

@efis, U made me join the VJ community finally, cos i'd to respond to your comment

wow to think i have been monitoring u all Atl filers in the last 2 - 3 months on VJ.

im a june aos atl filer, 77 day post FP and 65 day post interview and scheduling notice.

I have gone from crazy - depressed to psychotic back to normal from the waiting. LOL

i have gone from checking my status on uscis site from 20 times a day now to once in 3 days

i have practically typed up to 100,000 case numbers before and after my case number for recourse,

i have been laughed at so much by my loving hubby for this craziness but am now back to normal.

it is what it is sweety, after going through almost all forums (VJ and a whole lot others) i have concluded the slowest offices are Atl, NYC, CT and a few others. while dallas, boston, CA filers get greened between 75 - 95 days. Am here waiting patiently on my day > 115 for that magic interview letter and interview

In all i give thanks to the almighty,

dont despair, get to concentrate on a whole of other things, am sure the atl letters will start rolling out very very soon. They dont know us, so it's not a personal beef, it's just the work load at some field offices probably covering more than 1-2 states. who knows!!!

efis,

6/16/13 - sent I-485 package

6/17/13 - USCIS Chicago Lockbox received package

7/24/13 - Biometrics, didnt know i could not an early walk-in

8/5/13 - I-485 updated to Testing & Interview

8/28/13 - EAD went to production (day 73)

9/9/13 - EAD arrived

Bn waiting since then................ for updates

but i hv gotten my DL and SSN though;

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.