Meghan&Eddie

London k1 Visa Fee Confusion!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

I have my k1 Visa interview at the US embassy in London on the 22nd of April

It states on the Website that " K Visa Applicants pay the fee to the Operator Assisted Information Service prior to attending the visa interview. Instructions concerning payment will be sent to you with the appointment letter. "

yet on the Appointment letter it says. "you will be required to pay the fees either in dollars or sterling equivalent

for each person applying for a visa at the Embassy on the day of the interview"

Now on the visa journey Embassy infomation page it states that the Visa fee Payment is made in advance.

So which is it?

I'm not certain as to why, but the whole process is like this. Conflicting infomation that increases stress levels and makes the whole process even more nerve wracking.

If anyone chould please shed some light on this it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in Advance.

Meghan and Eddie.

Hi,

I have my k1 Visa interview at the US embassy in London on the 22nd of April

It states on the Website that " K Visa Applicants pay the fee to the Operator Assisted Information Service prior to attending the visa interview. Instructions concerning payment will be sent to you with the appointment letter. "

yet on the Appointment letter it says. "you will be required to pay the fees either in dollars or sterling equivalent

for each person applying for a visa at the Embassy on the day of the interview"

Now on the visa journey Embassy infomation page it states that the Visa fee Payment is made in advance.

So which is it?

I'm not certain as to why, but the whole process is like this. Conflicting infomation that increases stress levels and makes the whole process even more nerve wracking.

If anyone chould please shed some light on this it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in Advance.

Meghan and Eddie.

They changed to paying in advance, but they never bothered to fix their form letter from when we paid at the embassy after turning in documents on interview day. Call the number and pay. Take the receipt that is emailed to you to the interview.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They changed to paying in advance, but they never bothered to fix their form letter from when we paid at the embassy after turning in documents on interview day. Call the number and pay. Take the receipt that is emailed to you to the interview.

OK thank you Nich-Nick.

Do you happen to know if Gould's Pharmacy hold's baggage? Or do they only hold electronic devices?

And am i right in thinking that 09042-450-100 is the number to call to pay the visa fee?

Thanks again.

EDIT: Would the Packet 4 letter count as my appointment Letter or do i have to print out the PDF form that's found online?

Edited by Meghan&Eddie

OK thank you Nich-Nick.

Do you happen to know if Gould's Pharmacy hold's baggage? Or do they only hold electronic devices?

And am i right in thinking that 09042-450-100 is the number to call to pay the visa fee?

Thanks again.

EDIT: Would the Packet 4 letter count as my appointment Letter or do i have to print out the PDF form that's found online?

Baggage? As in luggage? If you've luggage because you spent the night in a hotel, then leave it with the hotel to hold for you. Lincoln House did that for us, so I've never actually been in Goulds. We checked out, left the luggage with phones inside. Then we went back, got the phones and played tourist in London until evening. Then fetched the luggage and caught the coach. No charge for them holding it all day. If you mean backpack sized smaller things, yes they hold that size. Somebody whose been there would have to answer or you can ring them on the phone and ask.

I don't know what PDF is found online. ???

When they schedule an appointment for you, they mail a letter with your name, date, time on it. You show that in line to the guards.

Yes that is the number to call.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.