Another I751 interview after recieving the 10YEAR GC

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I HAD AN INTERVIEW A YEAR AGO TO REMOVE THE CONDITIONS ON MY GC, IT WAS APPROVED AND I RECIEVED THE PHYSICAL CARD SHORTLY AFTER THE INTERVIEW, NOW IT IS TIME FOR N400 AHICH I FILLED AND DID BIOMETRICS, I RECIEVED A LETTER FROM THE LOCAL OFFICE FOR AN INTERVIEW BUT IN THE REASON FOR INTERVIEW IT SAYS i751 INSTEAD OF n400 SO I THOUGHT IT IS A MISTAKE SCHEDULED AN INFO PASS, WENT THERE AND THE IO TOLED ME IT IS NOT AN ERROR, THEY GOT NEW INFORMATION AND THEY WANT ME TO GO FOR A SECOND INTERVIEW FOR MY I751 reminding you that i already have my 10 year permanant card and i am still married no problems at all, traveled three times the last year outside of the us with no problem? any one experinced such a thing ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

mm. Did they give you any idea of what this new information might be? Do you have any skeletons in your past back home that might have been uncovered? Do you have anyone who might want to cause you problems or trouble and filed some sort of claim or report about you with USCIS? It could be that there was a 'name hit' during the security investigations and they might need to clear up some doubts about whether this is you or someone else. It could also be that the agent who interviewed you made some sort of technical mistake (or they have had problems with him/her that have nothing to do with you) and they just need to take care of that first to get all of their paperwork in order.

I haven't heard of this happening before and would say that it is probably very unusual. If there is nothing that you can think of that comes to mind, then it may just be a case of mixed up names. Bring proof of your current marriage status and treat this interview the same as you would for your first ROC interview - load up with documents that you have that show how you have co-mingled your personal, financial and social lives together and be prepared.

Also ask them when you can expect your N400 interview since you have paid for that petition too and its fee shouldn't be used for the I-751 interview - which you have already paid for.

Good luck - and let us know how it goes.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I've never heard of this before. I suggest you speak to a lawyer.

hello,10179697

i find it hard to believe.. when uscis approved your i 751 and you get 10 y green card you all set

uscis they have no right to revoke your 10 y card just like that

if uscis want to take your card away than they have to take you to immigration court only imm judge can revoke green card

doesn't matter how you get it by mistake or ..

its good to know your right again i find it hard to believe good luck

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the replies and support but I find it hard to believe myself, the funny thing is that when I went to the info pass appointment with no doubt in my head that they are going to tell me it is an error but instead the IO told me they got nrw info and they want to do a follow up appointment when I told him that i am already approved and I showed himtge approval letter and the GC he started apologizing telling me sorry for the inconvenience but yes it is not an error bring everything you brought to ur first appointment with you it is really frustrating brcause I don't knoe what is going on I sm going to hire an attorney because it seems like my N400 is gocometo get stuck forever plus I don't know wt is going to be the out come of this interview,it is gonna be really hard financially I can't even afford a lawyer they are too expensive I make $20 an hour he wants 120 that is ridiculous hopefully it is nothing major ill keep u guys updated but if anybody had a similar situation any advice will be appreciated thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.