gland

interview proof of relationship

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I've been preparing everything I need to take to my fiance for our interview. I have taken apart the copy of the 129f and made a different package. I have seperated before engagement and after engagement. I have enclosed chat logs, some yahoo chats, some emails and phone bills showing all of out text and calls. I have also included my travel documents and the travels we made together on my last trip when we got engaged. We have over 200 picks of us together and our hotel receipts. This is all in addition to the documents they want and all my support info. Can anyone think of anything I might have forgotten?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been preparing everything I need to take to my fiance for our interview. I have taken apart the copy of the 129f and made a different package. I have seperated before engagement and after engagement. I have enclosed chat logs, some yahoo chats, some emails and phone bills showing all of out text and calls. I have also included my travel documents and the travels we made together on my last trip when we got engaged. We have over 200 picks of us together and our hotel receipts. This is all in addition to the documents they want and all my support info. Can anyone think of anything I might have forgotten?

200 pics seems like over-kill, everything else is good as long as you aren't including every days work of logs - just sampling. The additional trips with receipts and such from those to me are very good evidence. :thumbs:

.... just relax and fly the plane! Opps! Sorry different movie.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Op- What about a relationship timeline? Proof of domicile for the last 10 years? Receipts for expenses of engagement? I had this and the CO made a comment that I was well prepared and had everything. Might be needed but maybe not. You just don't want to give them any excuses.

Timeline

200 pics seems like over-kill, everything else is good as long as you aren't including every days work of logs - just sampling. The additional trips with receipts and such from those to me are very good evidence. :thumbs:

.... just relax and fly the plane! Opps! Sorry different movie.

I included logs for the last year but just samplings of the actual chats.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Looks like you have everything I can think of, but I hope that's someone else's wedding photo in your avatar!

Joy (& Aaron, who doesn't read/post here yet)

Dec. 27, 2010: First met each other in Entebbe, Uganda while I was visiting my friend/his cousin (12/27/10 - 1/10/11) (visited again Jul. 2-9, 2011 and Dec. 24, 2011 - Jan. 9, 2012; engaged 1/7/12)

K-1

Feb. 18, 2012: I-129F sent (delivered 2/21 per USPS & USCIS; NOA1 notice date 2/23/12; check cashed/email/text 2/24)

Aug. 9, 2012: NOA2!!! [NOA1 +168 days] (reached NVC 8/17, left NVC 8/20; @embassy 8/24; embassy confirmed receipt 9/5)

Oct. 24 - Nov. 8, 2012: I visited again (Nairobi: medical 10/31; interview 11/5 [NOA1 +256 days]; result--APPROVED!!!!!!!)

Nov. 15, 2012: Visa in hand (was ready for retrieval 11/12/12)

Nov. 20, 2012: POE, Boston!!! (legal marriage 12/12/12; family/friends wedding ceremony 1/12/13) (276 days)

AOS/EAD/AP

Feb. 4, 2013: AOS packet sent (delivered 2/6, NOA1 text/email & check cashed 2/11 midnight)

Feb. 11, 2013: NOA1 notice date for I-485, EAD, AP (I-485/EAD NOA1 hard copies & biometrics appt letter arrived 2/16, badly mangled AP NOA1 arrived 2/27; biometrics done 3/4/13)

Apr. 3, 2013: EAD & AP approved (received card 4/11)

Aug. 16, 2013: I-485 approved & green card production ordered!!!! (card arrived 8/26/13) (193 days)

ROC

2015 sometime? I've slept since then.

Naturalization

Dec. 20, 2019: N-400 submitted online (Boston, MA field office)

Jan. 9, 2020: Biometrics

Feb. 4, 2020: updated wait time = 4 months (estimated case completion June 2020)

Aug. 7, 2020: interview scheduled (!), but no idea when

Sept. 16, 2020: interview, Boston (approved)

Sept. 24, 2020: oath ceremony, Boston---DONE!!! (279 days from submission)

230Hm5.pngxrcBm5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

moving to VN regional as the expectations of HCMC consulate can tend to be unique. :thumbs:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Looks like you have everything I can think of, but I hope that's someone else's wedding photo in your avatar!

Thats not a wedding Photo !! It's a photo from a Dam Hoi (engagement ceremony)

As I said before, things are different in Viet Nam.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Thats not a wedding Photo !! It's a photo from a Dam Hoi (engagement ceremony)

As I said before, things are different in Viet Nam.

I've seen photos from quite a few of my Vietnamese friends' engagement ceremonies, and no one has ever worn a Western-style wedding dress in any of them, hence my confusion. I guess the consulate there must really be different if the usual advice (not to have anything that looks like a wedding, for fear of being denied a K-1 due to being presumed already married) does not apply. I wish it were possible for me to take photos in my wedding dress with my fiancé's family in Uganda without having this worry: so jealous!

Edited by afoyoswa

Joy (& Aaron, who doesn't read/post here yet)

Dec. 27, 2010: First met each other in Entebbe, Uganda while I was visiting my friend/his cousin (12/27/10 - 1/10/11) (visited again Jul. 2-9, 2011 and Dec. 24, 2011 - Jan. 9, 2012; engaged 1/7/12)

K-1

Feb. 18, 2012: I-129F sent (delivered 2/21 per USPS & USCIS; NOA1 notice date 2/23/12; check cashed/email/text 2/24)

Aug. 9, 2012: NOA2!!! [NOA1 +168 days] (reached NVC 8/17, left NVC 8/20; @embassy 8/24; embassy confirmed receipt 9/5)

Oct. 24 - Nov. 8, 2012: I visited again (Nairobi: medical 10/31; interview 11/5 [NOA1 +256 days]; result--APPROVED!!!!!!!)

Nov. 15, 2012: Visa in hand (was ready for retrieval 11/12/12)

Nov. 20, 2012: POE, Boston!!! (legal marriage 12/12/12; family/friends wedding ceremony 1/12/13) (276 days)

AOS/EAD/AP

Feb. 4, 2013: AOS packet sent (delivered 2/6, NOA1 text/email & check cashed 2/11 midnight)

Feb. 11, 2013: NOA1 notice date for I-485, EAD, AP (I-485/EAD NOA1 hard copies & biometrics appt letter arrived 2/16, badly mangled AP NOA1 arrived 2/27; biometrics done 3/4/13)

Apr. 3, 2013: EAD & AP approved (received card 4/11)

Aug. 16, 2013: I-485 approved & green card production ordered!!!! (card arrived 8/26/13) (193 days)

ROC

2015 sometime? I've slept since then.

Naturalization

Dec. 20, 2019: N-400 submitted online (Boston, MA field office)

Jan. 9, 2020: Biometrics

Feb. 4, 2020: updated wait time = 4 months (estimated case completion June 2020)

Aug. 7, 2020: interview scheduled (!), but no idea when

Sept. 16, 2020: interview, Boston (approved)

Sept. 24, 2020: oath ceremony, Boston---DONE!!! (279 days from submission)

230Hm5.pngxrcBm5.png

Timeline

I've seen photos from quite a few of my Vietnamese friends' engagement ceremonies, and no one has ever worn a Western-style wedding dress in any of them, hence my confusion. I guess the consulate there must really be different if the usual advice (not to have anything that looks like a wedding, for fear of being denied a K-1 due to being presumed already married) does not apply. I wish it were possible for me to take photos in my wedding dress with my fiancé's family in Uganda without having this worry: so jealous!

Yes to have an engagement party in Vietnam is considered a very big thing.

Ok, let me clarify, its not a picture of the actually ceremony in which case she would be wearing an Ao Dai. Many Vietnamese couples will have formal engagement photos taken by a professional photographer, similar to bridals in the US prior to the wedding.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ok, let me clarify, its not a picture of the actually ceremony in which case she would be wearing an Ao Dai. Many Vietnamese couples will have formal engagement photos taken by a professional photographer, similar to bridals in the US prior to the wedding.

Those cheeky wedding photos are a bigger thing IMO than a Dam Hoi is now... I have to say it was a great deal we got on ours... no western dress at the dam hoi, but it was in the photo shoot we did...

Sorry for the delay in moving this.. my permissions got adjusted when I became a mod and I lost the moving ability for a short time.. it will be moved soon..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Make sure your fiance understands all the various bits of documentation - particularly the financial stuff around the affidavit of support. Mine went to her interview (USC not allowed in building) with a similar pile of paperwork (but far fewer photos), and I prepped her about all the tax returns, W2s and employment verification letter just to make sure she really understood what was what. Luckily they only wanted last year's 1040, but that was a different embassy than you.

Those cheeky wedding photos are a bigger thing IMO than a Dam Hoi is now... I have to say it was a great deal we got on ours... no western dress at the dam hoi, but it was in the photo shoot we did...

Sorry for the delay in moving this.. my permissions got adjusted when I became a mod and I lost the moving ability for a short time.. it will be moved soon..

Yup Scott, we got a great deal too. She got a 2 hour professional hair/makeup session in the morning. The guy rented a van and drove us to all the locations. We had two pro photographers, and a make up person for the whole day (almost 9 hours). He even supplied the formal gown and several other of her outfits. After the session was over he gave us ALL of the hi-res jpgs (1100 of them !!), one of those typical Viet hard bound albums with 100 shots, and a large frame bound photo for the wedding hall.

Only10M VND for everyhting !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.