panclox

AOS Interview in Buffalo NY

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I wanna tell you guys a little bit about my case before I get into details about the interview today at the Buffalo office, I came to the US with a Tourist Visa (B2) and applied for adjustment of status through marriage. Ive been with my wife for more than 2 years now and the reason why I enter the US with a tourist visa is cause I came for my brother's graduation that was in May.

My interview was supposed to be at 10:20 am in Buffalo NY, which by the way is one of the fastest offices in the country (thank God)I also had my biometrics there and the people that work there are really nice.We left my apartment at 9 am and we got to the offices at 9:30 am, we went through security and the guard told me where I had to go, we gave our Letter for appointment and the guy told us to sit down and wait and the immigration officer was gonna call us in shortly. There were more people waiting to be interviewed but luckily even though we were the last couple to come in the office we got called in first. Finally the officer came outside and called my last name, we went to his office and before we sat down he made us swear to tell the truth. He seemed very friendly and the first thing he asked for was for our passports, he looked at my wife's passport and saw that she has been in Colombia 3 times already which was something he really liked.

After he looked at her passport, he asked me the questions on the forms we submitted I-485 and he made sure we were still living in the same place. Then he asked both of us how we met, we both started to talk at the same time, he laughed and told my wife to tell him lol, he seemed to be satisfied with the story, then he asked me for the w2 of my sponsor which is my father in law, and also he needed a copy of my birth certificate which he didnt have one, but I already submitted one, anyways I gave him another copy. After that he asked my wife her information and asked her to tell him about the wedding and if it was a big wedding, and who attended, my wife told him and he smiled again. After that he asked me if I wanted to add anything else to my profile or any other documentation to proof that I had a Bona-fide marriage, I told him I had a full binder full of receipts of both of us lol and more pictures even though I submitted pictures on a word document, he said he didn't want anymore evidence because I already submitted enough with the application, but he said you can save that evidence you haven't submit and when you have to remove conditions you can send it with more pictures and I am sure you wont need a interview.

He took my I-94 and in that moment his cellphone went off hahahaha, he said: " I'm sorry guys my wife always calls me when I am busy" and he smiled and apologized. He then said he was gonna see if I had the FBI background check on file, which he said I did and everything was fine, after that he said I am going to approve right now, and from now on you are a LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT of the UNITED STATES, He said that my EAD wasn't valid anymore and i shouldn't use it, to what I replied i just got a new job and they need to see proof of legal status un the US, so he said he was going to stamp my passport even though they don't do it anymore, but then he changed his mind and said: "Tell them that your green card is on the mail and you should get in within 1 to 3 weeks, but if you need me to stamp your passport before you get your green card you can come here, and I will do it for you. He then said Congratulations gave us the passports back, my wife grabbed the passports and he said,"that confirms you guys are married, I hate to carry my own documents and my wife carries them for me too" and smiled, after that we left his office, My wife and I gave a big hugged and everyone was looking at us, which I didnt really care, we were so happy haha The entire interview took 10 minutes, the officer was very friendly and he seemed he already approved us before we went in.

I wish everyone good luck with your cases!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

congrats!

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Congratulations to you! Could you describe what type of evidence you sent with your package and what evidence did you bring for the interview?

Sep 17th, 2011- AOS documents sent

Sep 19th, 2011- Recieved USPS confirmation

Sep 22th, 2011- Email from USCIS that they received the documents

Sep 27th, 2011- Recieved NOA

Oct 24th, 2011- Biometrics appointment

Nov 04th, 2011- Case status update:I-485- Interview and testing

Nov 07th, 2011- Recieved invitation for an interview in mail for December 12th

Nov 09th, 2011- Case status update: EAD card production and AP approval

Nov 18th, 2011- EAD&AP combo card received

Dec 12th, 2011- Interview. APPROVED ON THE SPOT!!! Card production status online

Timeline

Congratulations to you! Could you describe what type of evidence you sent with your package and what evidence did you bring for the interview?

Thank you everyone! and yes of course this is what I sent:

1) Lease of the apartment we live with both of our names in it.

2) Bank statements from two different banks, and those bank accounts are where we get the money from work. (the IO liked that)

3) Car Insurance with both our names in it.

4) Electric, National fuel and Cable Bills with our names on it.

5) Cellphone plan under my wife's name, but my name appears on the plan, I went to sprint and they printed out a copy for me.

6) We have a dog, that we got on 2010, and when we got him both our names are on the agreement as owners.

7) 2 notarized Affidavit of support, one from my Wife's mom, and the other one by her sister. You can use friends or other family members too if you want to.

8) On a word document I organized pictures of our relationship, and I put like 5 or 6 pictures per page, showing the timeline from the day we met, and then i printed them out and attached them. Even though I read that sending pictures is not good, my IO really liked that and thanked me.

What I brought with me to the interview:

1) My wife's receipts of the college she is attending, with our address that is on the lease.

2) I brought a couple magazines that shows that we get mail and is in both of our names.

3) We recently got a new business through AMWAY, and is under both our names, and he really liked that.

4) We got a new car and is under both names.

5) More pictures lol

6) Any Mail that we got that has her name or my name, with the address of our apartment on it.

7) Veterinary appointments for our Dog, it has our names.

That is all I brought with me, I hope it will help you out!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

I really appreciate your posting your experience - currently I am not sure if we will go to Buffalo or Rochester for my fiance's AOS after we get married - at least you gave me a heads up as to what to expect!

Congratulations :)

Judy

Western NY (Allegany Co.)

I-129F Sent : 10-04-2010

I-129F NOA1 : 10-12-2010

Touched: 10-21-2010

NOA2: 03-16-2011

Vermont Service Center

Interview: 05-18-2011

Fiance' Visa Approved: 12Jul2011

POE - Newark Airport November 20, 2011

Married: December 8, 2011

AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox on Feb. 13, 2012

I-485 transfered to Laguna Niguel CA on March 17, 2012

EAD - received from Lee's Summit, MO on April 18, 2012

Timeline

I really appreciate your posting your experience - currently I am not sure if we will go to Buffalo or Rochester for my fiance's AOS after we get married - at least you gave me a heads up as to what to expect!

Congratulations :)

Judy

Western NY (Allegany Co.)

I am pretty sure you will have it in Buffalo, I don't think there is an Immigration office in Rochester. Everyone is very nice and the officer we had was extremely friendly and nice. the interview took about 10 minutes and we were on our way! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I am pretty sure you will have it in Buffalo, I don't think there is an Immigration office in Rochester. Everyone is very nice and the officer we had was extremely friendly and nice. the interview took about 10 minutes and we were on our way! :)

Yeah, I was gonna say: is there even an office in Rochester? I know the Buffalo one is fairly new.

I had to go there when I got my biometrics done to move to the UK, it was a small office and everyone was pretty nice. It's good to know the CO's are ok too, since when we get back this will be our local office.

Thanks for the review :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.