jedgrl

Co-sponsor for K1 at Manila Embassy

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all fellow couples with a Filipino fiance!

We are preparing for my interview at the US Embassy Manila. My USC fiance has an unusual employment history since he is self-employed but shares business ownership of a company which only started recently. Given this situation, we want to be completely sure that the financial support will be enough for a family of 3. I have read some threads related to this mostly saying that aside from the usual documentary proof (tax transcripts, etc), it's also important to show sustained income

I need to know if US Embassy in Manila accepts co-sponsor for K1 visa applicants. If anyone has the same experience, I'd appreciate it if you can share your thoughts on this. Any information related to our scenario will be helpful too.

Thanks guys!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are preparing for my interview at the US Embassy Manila. My USC fiance has an unusual employment history since he is self-employed but shares business ownership of a company which only started recently. Given this situation, we want to be completely sure that the financial support will be enough for a family of 3. I have read some threads related to this mostly saying that aside from the usual documentary proof (tax transcripts, etc), it's also important to show sustained income

I need to know if US Embassy in Manila accepts co-sponsor for K1 visa applicants. If anyone has the same experience, I'd appreciate it if you can share your thoughts on this. Any information related to our scenario will be helpful too.

Thanks guys!

Manila will accept a co-sponsor on a case-by-case basis, they can be rigid about co-sponsors also.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks guys!

My fiance is also self employed and it was a little bit lower than the required income. We got co sponsor its his dad and we were approved. gooluck

• 9 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Seeing that this is one of the more recent co-sponsor attempts that I've seen that has been sucessful, I'm curious as to what method the cosponsor was used... Did you fill out 2x I-134 one for the main sponsor and cosponsor? Did you show I-864 w/I-864A, whose/what kind of documents (financial and otherwise) were shown to the C/O?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.