brit1985

Urgent advice needed!!! FILLING THE ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS AFTER 90 DAYS?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi

I would really appreciate any advice as I cant seem to see any clearcut official government advice on this topic! I arrived in US in August 1st from UK on a fiance visa. We got married last week (so within the 90 days) but we have just discovered that our joint sponsor has misplaced his birth cert (he doesnt have a passport either) so is going to have to apply for a copy which may take a while. My I-94 has a date stamp of Oct 30th (next sunday) so am I OK to wait and apply to adjust my status after this date? All it says is you have to get married within 90 days, which we have, i can't see anywhere a time limit on when you have to adjust status by!

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There is NO timeline to adjust status in. You only have to marry within 90 days.

No reason to be freaking out. Just file AOS when you can.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

No requirement for adjusting status. Sooner the better to avoid any unexpected snags.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks! I just needed some reassurance. So just to confirm I will not be here illegally after Oct 30th? We will send everything off as soon as our sponsor gets his Birth Cert back!

Edited by brit1985

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from K1 to AOS from Family... forum *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks! I just needed some reassurance. So just to confirm I will not be here illegally after Oct 30th? We will send everything off as soon as our sponsor gets his Birth Cert back!

Well no you're not here "legally" you are out-of-status but you are unlikely to be deported because your marriage to a USC makes it possible for you to AOS and they must give you that chance first.

I waited a while too for personal reasons. I was out of status for 4+ months. Doesn't affect your ability to AOS but you should avoid borders and using public transport to cross borders.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We filed late due to personal reasons and we had zero issues. I think we were 6 months late. In fact we had an initial rejection (wrote one check instead of two for myself and daughter) and then we had an RFE and our interview was less then 10 minutes and he didn't even bring up the delay at all. You're fine :)

[img]http://davf.daisypath.com/bOLvm4.png[/img]

31.03.2010- I129F Filed (K1/K2)
02.09.2010- Interview - VAN - [color="#8B0000"][b]APPROVED!![/b][/color]
18.09.2010- POE Edmonton-Atlanta
01.10.2010- Civil Wedding in GA! <3
04.29.2011- AOS Filed (K1/K2)
09.19.2011- EAD Approved
10.24.2011- AOS - ATL Interview -[color="#8B0000"][b]APPROVED!![/b][/color]
11.02.2011- Green Cards for us!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.