Captain Ewok

Direct Consular Filing Explained

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Click on this link to read the DCF General Info Guide.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• 2 years later...
Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hi,

Thank you for the DCF link. I am new to your site and was trying to get as much information as possible about processes etc. I am feeling a little less intimidated about the process now. However I did try to access one link on that DCF page that seemed to be faulty:

\http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1328.html

(I tried to contac the chief wookie about this "technical problem" but the mailbox was full)

Is there another place I might find the info that was on the link? Or perhaps someone could tell me what I was missing and therefore what to be on the lookout for?

Thank you so much.

Nydia Y Neftaly (NYN)

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
How much does it cost to expedite everything to get DCF in Brazil?

Do you even qualify for DCF? Are you currently resident in Brazil and have been so for more than 6 mos.? If not, DCF is not for you.

YMMV

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
some ppl have only lived in that country for only 60 days still ,they file dcf ,how is that possible then??

Old rules?

YMMV

• 10 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

can you apply for a dcf if you previously filed a k-1 but it was denied ?

Known each other since we were kids ! =]

08/24/08-Engaged

01/10/2009- Sent

01/12/2009-NOA1

03/17/09- NOA2

03/25/09- NVC recieved

3/26/09- Forwarded to New Delhi Embassy

4/6/09- Packet 3 sent

4/8/09- Sent packet 3 to embassy

4/13/09-Embassy Sent packet 4

4/20/09- Recieved packet 4

4/25/09- Medical - passed =]

5/04-09- Gave paperwork to VFS

5/14/09- Intreview

Approved!!!!!!!!!!

5/26/09- POE at SFO

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

It is great and infomative site. I file I-130 for my family(wife and two kids).

I am a US citizen and my wife and two kids are living in south asia. My wife's case has been approved and visa center asking me to pay $400.00. I am kind of conused if pay, then the kids case will be in pending status. How these cases will be syncronized.

Would any one please advice what should i do. Should i pay at the same time when the case of my kids will be approved. Your answer will be greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...
Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
How much does it cost to expedite everything to get DCF in Brazil?

Do you even qualify for DCF? Are you currently resident in Brazil and have been so for more than 6 mos.? If not, DCF is not for you.

I would like to file DCF in Brazil. Can I just live there for 6 months and be automatically able to file, or do I have to go through a residency process?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Ok, perhaps I am a bit late on this, but I would be thinking about it if I did not ask! I have filed my I-130 here in the US and am waiting at the CSC.

However, I also have residency in Italy (home country of my husband) in the form of my Permisso Di Siorggornio (Italian Green Card) and an Identy Card. Is is possible to switch to a DCF filing at this point? I only ask as it has been 3+ months waiting for NOA2 and not looking to be moving too fast.

I will be in Italy with my husband for the next 6 weeks and wondered if possible to switch or also file there or would that screw stuff up??? BTW, my husband and I have been married for 7 years but he worked on a ship so we could not apply earlier. I have had my residence there since 2004.

Any info would be helpful...

Thanks

Christeen

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
Ok, perhaps I am a bit late on this, but I would be thinking about it if I did not ask! I have filed my I-130 here in the US and am waiting at the CSC.

However, I also have residency in Italy (home country of my husband) in the form of my Permisso Di Siorggornio (Italian Green Card) and an Identy Card. Is is possible to switch to a DCF filing at this point? I only ask as it has been 3+ months waiting for NOA2 and not looking to be moving too fast.

I will be in Italy with my husband for the next 6 weeks and wondered if possible to switch or also file there or would that screw stuff up??? BTW, my husband and I have been married for 7 years but he worked on a ship so we could not apply earlier. I have had my residence there since 2004.

Any info would be helpful...

Thanks

Christeen

no, it is not possible. It takes more than just having residency. You must actually reside in the country continuously for 6 months before filing. I moved to Denmark in October 2008, became eligible to file in May 2009. My residency for Denmark was still pending when I filed (they were taking approximately 13 months to approve residency permits). However, assuming i had received my residency permit and moved back to the USA before applying, I would no longer be eligible for DCF because my place of abode was the US, not Denmark. I qualified to file based on living there 6 months, not based on possessing a residence permit.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Sorry, double posted the question here... I thank you for your response, I am going to contact Rome office and Naples this week, I think I might grab all my documents (ID card, ownership papers for our apartment etc..) and take a trip down to Rome and see what is up if I cannot get a hold of them. I posted a seperate forum topic to follow if anyone has had similar experiences.

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.