4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I applied for the fiance visa on July 29.

On January 31 I received an RFE for my divorce decree from my first marriage.

On February 11 I sent the divorce decree and was received by the USCIS on February 16.

I think I did a mistake that may cause a mess. I called the USCIS and filed a service request, thinking that my evidence had been received which was not. So they resent me the same RFE again on February 17. and the service request was denied because they thought I never received the first RFE notice.

Now the latest update on my account is RFE requested on February 17.

I have the following questions

Will I have to resend the divorce decree again when I receive the second RFE?

Will the USCIS be smart enough to just approve the case once they see the divorce decree I already sent, and it is over?

I called the USCIS again, and they told me to disregard the second RFE notice, but I am still worried though. Besides, they told me I can't file another service request again, or inquire again before 60 days. This is how long it takes them to review the evidence.

Is that true I will have to wait another 60 days? How long any body think will vermont center approve my case?

I have seen some people's timeline, and they are actually complaining that they sent their RFE almost 4 months ago. Why would it take that long for them to get approved, and still nothing.

Is there a certain way how VSC handles RFE? I mean is my file back on the shelf collecting dust again? or should it have priority?

Please advise me. Sorry for the many questions. Please advise me

I-129F sent July 26 201

NOA1 date July 29-2010

RFE February

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I applied for the fiance visa on July 29.

On January 31 I received an RFE for my divorce decree from my first marriage.

On February 11 I sent the divorce decree and was received by the USCIS on February 16.

I think I did a mistake that may cause a mess. I called the USCIS and filed a service request, thinking that my evidence had been received which was not. So they resent me the same RFE again on February 17. and the service request was denied because they thought I never received the first RFE notice.

Now the latest update on my account is RFE requested on February 17.

I have the following questions

Will I have to resend the divorce decree again when I receive the second RFE?

Will the USCIS be smart enough to just approve the case once they see the divorce decree I already sent, and it is over?

I called the USCIS again, and they told me to disregard the second RFE notice, but I am still worried though. Besides, they told me I can't file another service request again, or inquire again before 60 days. This is how long it takes them to review the evidence.

Is that true I will have to wait another 60 days? How long any body think will vermont center approve my case?

I have seen some people's timeline, and they are actually complaining that they sent their RFE almost 4 months ago. Why would it take that long for them to get approved, and still nothing.

Is there a certain way how VSC handles RFE? I mean is my file back on the shelf collecting dust again? or should it have priority?

Please advise me. Sorry for the many questions. Please advise me

So did you have the Decree in your original petition?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

So did you have the Decree in your original petition?

I am positive I had it, me and my lawyer revised the package 3 times before we sent it. However, this is old now,,,, I am at the consulate stage now

I-129F sent July 26 201

NOA1 date July 29-2010

RFE February

• 10 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.