JoshGriga

What if we want to change to a different Consulate

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We received an email notification that our I129F has been approved on 8 Feb 2011. This basically means that our paperwork is on its way to the NVC. From there it will be sent to the Consulate in London. My fiancee is from Sao Paulo, Brazil but lives in London, UK. Base on statistics from this website, the average time from approval to the NVC receivng the paperwork is 7 days; the average time between the NVC sending the paperwork and the Consualte receiving the paperwork is 10 days; the average time over the past 90 days between the London Consulate receiving the paperwork from NVC and the actual interview is 77 days and the average time from the interview to getting the visa is 20 days. This is 114 days, which brings us to 2 June 2011. My fiancee made it clear to me that if it's going to take that long, she would rather wait in Brazil even if the change of Consulate adds to this wait.

1. How much more of a wait would this be to change from the Consulate in London to the one in Sao Paulo?

2. When would be the best time to do so: A.) while the paperwork is with the NVC or B.) when it arrives at the London Consulate?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

No sence in rocking the boat, I would leave it on the current course.

But to determine what to do it would be best to call DOS Visa service and ask.

For inquiries about visa cases and the application process call: 202-663-1225.

To e-mail the Visa Office for general information, write us at usvisa@state.gov.

http://travel.state....w/how_1463.html

Best time would be when petition is at NVC, they can then send it to the consulate of choice, not to London then asking London to forward.

Moving to NVC forum...

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

We received an email notification that our I129F has been approved on 8 Feb 2011. This basically means that our paperwork is on its way to the NVC. From there it will be sent to the Consulate in London. My fiancee is from Sao Paulo, Brazil but lives in London, UK. Base on statistics from this website, the average time from approval to the NVC receivng the paperwork is 7 days; the average time between the NVC sending the paperwork and the Consualte receiving the paperwork is 10 days; the average time over the past 90 days between the London Consulate receiving the paperwork from NVC and the actual interview is 77 days and the average time from the interview to getting the visa is 20 days. This is 114 days, which brings us to 2 June 2011. My fiancee made it clear to me that if it's going to take that long, she would rather wait in Brazil even if the change of Consulate adds to this wait.

1. How much more of a wait would this be to change from the Consulate in London to the one in Sao Paulo?

2. When would be the best time to do so: A.) while the paperwork is with the NVC or B.) when it arrives at the London Consulate?

My fiance was living in London but wanted to go to diffrent consulate. The case forwarded by it self and it was not our choice.I and my fiance had the same problem. We wanted to change the consulate in London to the one in Abu Dhabi and we did it.Every time I contacted the embassy in London they told us the case has been forwarded to the Abu Dhabi. Every week I contacted Abu dhabi embassy and they told us sorry we did not receive your case at this time.I was so sad our case might be lost or left somewhere. After 3 months I contacted the congresswoman and it took two months to congresswoman solved our issue. A total of five months for just the changing consulate. This was the worth journey I ever had.

Edited by sara2010

Timeline

No sence in rocking the boat, I would leave it on the current course.

But to determine what to do it would be best to call DOS Visa service and ask.

For inquiries about visa cases and the application process call: 202-663-1225.

To e-mail the Visa Office for general information, write us at usvisa@state.gov.

http://travel.state....w/how_1463.html

Best time would be when petition is at NVC, they can then send it to the consulate of choice, not to London then asking London to forward.

Moving to NVC forum...

I agree with you, I just hope that my fiancee does too cause she's already stressed out with this process and has mentally checked out of London too. She claims that she wouldn't mind waiting a longer time in Brazil and any more in London. Thanks for the info though..I'll run it by her so we could make an informed decision.

Timeline

My fiance was living in London but wanted to go to diffrent consulate. The case forwarded by it self and it was not our choice.I and my fiance had the same problem. We wanted to change the consulate in London to the one in Abu Dhabi and we did it.Every time I contacted the embassy in London they told us the case has been forwarded to the Abu Dhabi. Every week I contacted Abu dhabi embassy and they told us sorry we did not receive your case at this time.I was so sad our case might be lost or left somewhere. After 3 months I contacted the congresswoman and it took two months to congresswoman solved our issue. A total of five months for just the changing consulate. This was the worth journey I ever had.

I am so sorry to hear that. BTW, when you said "worth", you meant worst right? Hope I didn't offend you, I just want to make sure I understand you. Well here is my question for you then: When exactly did you do the conslate change - that is, where was your paperwork located when you made the change? The reason why I asked this is because called the number (202-663-1225) that YuAndDan gave me and they said that since our paperwork is on it's way to the NVC, this would be the ideal time to do the change. They also said, that once the paperwork is sent to London and we request a change, then that could cause an additional hold up (3-6 months) because this rerouting is not a priority for them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear that. BTW, when you said "worth", you meant worst right? Hope I didn't offend you, I just want to make sure I understand you. Well here is my question for you then: When exactly did you do the conslate change - that is, where was your paperwork located when you made the change? The reason why I asked this is because called the number (202-663-1225) that YuAndDan gave me and they said that since our paperwork is on it's way to the NVC, this would be the ideal time to do the change. They also said, that once the paperwork is sent to London and we request a change, then that could cause an additional hold up (3-6 months) because this rerouting is not a priority for them.

i thougth you could change the consulate when it arrived at the NVC, there is no need to send it to london to then have it sent to brazil. once they contact you from the nvc arfer your aproval you should requerst the cosulate change! so it directly get sent to brazil :)

3/21/2009: saw each other in colombia after many years.

6/25/2009: visited colombia relationship started!

12/20/2009: visited colombia spende the holidays with him and family<3

1/14/2010: he moved to buenos aires (study)

3/14/2010: we both visited colombia <3 great week!

6/30/2010: i visited buenos aires for a month

11/24/2010: i became a US citizen

11/26/2010: filed I-129f

12/2/2010: NOA 1

12/09/2010: touched

Waiting for NOA2

every day is a step closer to finally being with you!!!!!

Qz9pm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.